Tuesday 3 September 2013

Free Your Mind

Thoughts of Dating and Relationships were playing on my mind for a few days, "which was damn unusually," normally it was only food that was factored in, I presume it was my last meeting with Anjali that had caused this to occur, "cause and affect like Newton would say," she had been sad and yet there had been a tinge of happiness that had given me hope.  Interestingly there were a myriad of thoughts that had permeated my mind since then, one for instance, do we become friends first before lovers or vice versa because the forces of attraction are at play even before the thought of a friendship comes to the brain, "would we be willing to be friends with people who don't attract us ?" it was the proverbial egg and the chicken story.

Different people become attracted to different things in a person, somebody may like the face, the hair, the voice or even the walk, "not to mention other parts of the anatomy," and it was variant on the age too, younger people were more prone to attraction of the sexual variety and tended to be uncommitted once the act was complete and this did not vary with regards to men or women, though I tended to agree that no matter what the age group there had to be some kind of attraction towards the person of ones attention.  So was I sexually attracted to Anjali in the first place and then started to evolve as a person and changed my criterion to fit the societal point of view or was I always sure about what kind of relationship I wanted with her ?

Some months back, "and it did seem like an eternity," we had had a fight and I did mention in one of my previous posts that in those days, I was more a suitor than anything else, after the fight everything changed, realisation dawned on me that I wanted her in my life no matter what the relation she choose, "signs of desperation you'd think," but to the contrary during those days of separation I understood how much I missed talking to her and try hard as I may, my heart wouldn't let me look for a replacement, "and damn don't we all want to look for that when things aren't going too well," to get over a person is one thing and uncommitted another. Anjali had been so committed to this man before he had ditched her and maybe by doing what I had done during those months of separation and by coming back to her was to make up to her for her loss of this man.  This was complicated, "the human mind is seldom not so," and my mind was more so, it had been a really confusing and complicated situation that I had resolved by freeing my mind of the sexual part of the attraction.  Once that had occurred, there was no fear of rejection, "and I had been frightened earlier of it," and the talk was easy and the walk even more special.
Unfettered and bouyant, thats the the mind, let it soar high.

0 comments:

Post a Comment