Saturday 26 January 2013

Wish You Happy Holidays


Wish You Happy Holidays

Abstract
Salman had often wondered, what it took to convince a client, to satisfy and tempt him into remembering you for longer periods of time and recall you in time for his next purchase.  He had been in the industry long enough to know this, and also realise - too much time in the industry and it was easy to forget what it takes to make it a pleasant experience for the client.  Emma introduced to him the idea that he should sell to the client what is best known as “The Rose Petal”.  She was an old hand a researcher par excellence and knew exactly what he was going through.  “No attachments!!” she told him.
“Salman, we don’t love the client nor do we hate him, it’s a job to be done.”  
Emma had utilized this techniques often enough, get to the clients through the portals of the web, social media or real time engagement and she wanted to pass it on to Salman.   A customer should be able to remember us a preferred supplier, as the one person who gave to us what was most important, a good clean product that has lasting value and offers value more than what he paid for.
How often have we seen a client complain that we are don’t get what the specifications state, how often have we seen the client go back to another supplier and claim that the supplier has more credentials then the present one.  It happens when the dissatisfaction level reaches the peak.  I don’t like the system that has been installed, don’t like the looks of it, and don’t like the way it functions, it doesn’t give half the value for money that my previous product gave.
I called up this old supplier of mine and found that he was still selling 1.5 HP and 3 HP pump motor solar sets.  I asked him the price and the answer was simple, the price is the same, if you want I can send you a new quotation.  So did I want a new quotation, I was just checking up on the prices I had received from the competition.  I had bought the product from him 2 years back and his prices were still the best. 
He browsed through his books, “I offer a pump-motor set, combined with the panels, its 1.5 BHP system.”
“1.5BHP is equivalent to how many kWs”
“Same as before, that doesn’t change either like my prices.”
“Will I get to pay extra for commissioning ? “
“That is included my original cost sir.”
On the face of it nothing but in my line of business for a Rs 1.5 lakhs system if I get 15000 off on it when the competition price is already way above his base price is the sweetest benefit that I can get.  This is right there is the best guy there is and you can search high or low for similar people but will not find anything similar.
Trust me, the client and the product, if matched is the most potent testimonial.

0 comments:

Post a Comment