Saturday 11 May 2013

Win or Lose Does It Matter

In my last post I had mentioned that there is this woman I called on my return from Dubai, and met her in Jaipur which is a Western State capital of Rajasthan. An author by profession, similar in talents as me with loads of experience sales and marketing, researching and now writing.  An absolutely sane headed woman, I met her at this local cafe, and we have a lot of them, including, Cafe Coffee Day, which is a locally run outfit with its plants in South of India, to the global chains of Barista as also some absolutely local Madras Coffee Shop.  It wasn't till I met her that I realised, what a level headed person she was, I had known her before but as it turned out life, especially of authors and writers keeps evolving, maybe its the stories that we tell or the emotional catalysis that we go through, we emote with the characters we evolve.

In any case, as life would have it, I was late by over 30 minutes, got stuck up in traffic jams, and had a helling to receive when I eventually made it.  See, the streets were sublime in the way the night traffic stopped everything from moving, moreover I was on the phone all the time, there were these three guys who had been chasing me to get my first draft approved.  As I moved and stopped, and then moved some again, it was a sight to see me ducking out of the cops eyes, on the handset to the speakerphone, juggling between the my cigeratte lighter to the cable that charges the mobile.  The first guy, brusque and direct had me chasing a Toyota while he talked, 5 minutes and I knew this was the guy I was going to go with, I listened to him, and my own mind was churning over thoughts I had figured I would speak to with Richa, she would be waiting and yet this was important.  I had made a turn to the right away from the cafe towards Sawai Mansingh Airport and continued talking to this guy.  By the time I finished I had sent a draft to him from my mobile.

I entered the cafe and thought of her, she looked just the same, bright and sunny and a little angry.  I kept my cool and entered with a bunch of flowers in my hand.  I had the following questions for her and I was looking for keywords for my business :
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.  What words do you think will emote very well with customers ?                        Yes I could work that out
2.   If I go with the regular keywords, it would only imply what the world is doing   Yes that would be true
3.   Do you think I should use a software to generate keyword listing                       No go the manual way
4.   How do I get the customers to my site using this keyword listing                      
5.   Is there somewhere I can find synonyms and acronyms for existing words ?
6.   Do you think you would be willing to write content for my site ?                        Yes I would do that.
7.   I want the site to come up within 2 months.                                                        A valid time frame
8.  Can I build this site from a template without requiring a shopping cart ?              Yes go for it
9.  What is the budget I use to build this site ?                                                         Rs 40,000/-
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The answers were rapid and it was like a quick fire round, I had already apprised her of my questionnaire and she had come prepared.  She was gentle and congenial woman, happily married with a young daughter, Bhavini, who she had got with her.  I was happy I had met her, she had come back into my life right when I wanted her to, and was still answering them questions like she always had, softly yet firmly, knowing exactly what was to be said, at exactly the right time.  She answered the questions honestly and I knew if she would write content for my site I would be in safe hands.

I had met her years back when she and I had worked for an organization which dealt in Financial Domain, she would help me with my work, sort out my personal life and even advice me on who to talk to and not to talk to.  Life was full of surprises those days, work was hectic and till a certain point in time I thought work was only for money, till she changed my concept of life.  She grew as a person and so did I, I would always remember us bitching about our bosses and colleagues, like an oasis in a desert, a flower in the middle of the marshlands, I loved this person for who she was and was happy to meet her today.
Honesty and Forthrighteousness are the traits I have always admired

0 comments:

Post a Comment