Monday 6 May 2013

You Win Some You Lose Some

On my return from Dubai, I met up with an old friend of mine who works for a large BPO in Noida, I hadn't spoken to her for a very long time, I was feeling lonely, very down and out and called her on a hunch.  I was probably more than hunch, I really wanted to talk to her, smart, intelligent girl with everything in the right place.  To my amazement, she picked up and spoke like normal, like nothing amiss had ever happened.  She talked like she knew me exactly like I was 6 months ago, we spoke for a long time and my mind was absolutely at peace.  She works for Barclays in Delhi -  NCR, and is admired by everyone as a planner and somebody with her head in the right place.

Here are a few questions I asked her, and she was as usual forthright in her answers,

1.  Q.  Hows work ?
      A.  Regular, routine, just normal.

2.  Q.  Is everything OK at home ?
      A. Things are absolutely fine Mandy.

3.  Q.  Are you still cooking your own food ?
     A.  I do even now.

4.  Q.  What about health food ?
     A.   I am still a health freak as ever.

5.  Q.  Did you ever think about what happened ?
     A.  I have always thought about it.


Four quick questions, to get the conversation going, and we connected immediately, she could help me a lot, I knew it immediately, for one, she could help me get this business in order, and she answered back, "I don't have the time Mandy, but for you anything."
"You need me, and I know that, you just haven't got around to calling me.  After all, what are friends for."
I apologized instantly, I knew what she was talking about, my vision without the right people around me would be of no use to anyone.  There are folks in my life who give me nothing, and here was woman ready to sacrifice her hard earned weekends to give me advice.  So what kind of advice did I need, was there anything specific that i wanted from her, I looked up my Mission Statement and my went back to the days when I had written it, I was working for a software company then and wanted to turn things around and had hammered hard on a statement that adequately described me, one of the points that stays and will stay forever in my mind is this point I made to one of the people in the company,

                         "I must find people who can help me with what I have"

I had found her and was happy that I had her with me.  Its amazing what life brings us to,  I don't believe there is anything is anything in this life that brings more happiness than knowing that happiness is at hand.  I have doubted it many times that I didn't have it in me make it big in solar, occassionally even resorted to to subterfuge to get my life on track.  I have lied my way through trouble, the other day I was fined by a cop for skipping a red light, I tried to convince him that he should let me go scott free, and he agreed.  I was amazed at that thought, he let me gok and that did me a load of good.  For one, I realised that castes and communities don't mean a thing, in my lfie the only thing that matters is love.  I will live and die with it.
Customers are people, and nothing relates more than the heart

0 comments:

Post a Comment