Saturday 13 October 2012

Words from the Uncommon Man

The horses are out of their blocks now, there is a stunned silence in the galleries, focused on the job at hand under control of their jockeys they move in a rhythm divine, almost as if to suggest that everything they do is ordained.  I watch in disdain, far removed from this maddening crowd, a medley of uneducated and the educated uneducated, typical of a developing nation.  I received my education from staunch believers who trusted the western modern science as well as the mysticism of the east and my mind is tempered by this fine sword, not to kill, but to cut through the damning ignorance that finds favour neither in the West nor the East.

What is it, that makes Mayawati such a big hit in all uneducated parts of the country.  Do you think it is the money, that goes to the coffers of the people who have found no favour in a land their own, the so called natives, the aborigines of the hinterlands of India, that drive this bandwagon.  Certainly is no ideology behind this, people who want to come to power to earn money find no favour, certainly in mind.  I remember Dr Krishnamurthy in the 1980s, I was but a young boy, I heard a lecture delivered by him on his return from UC Santa Cruz, a genius and a wizard with words.  He would begin his lectures with stern statements that would imply ... "i don't know anything" .. I am no authority to be lecturing you on this subject" .. lets just step into this topic together and find out what is fear ? .. Is it the unknown or just the thought of losing everything .. fear goes away when the desire goes away ? .. I could die tomorrow, and believe me sir, when I say this to be the truth, and not care about people and material that I leave behind.  Take me with you sir, I have no thought of who I want to be, just the feeling of progress in life when I hear you talk.

Research your topic well, and there will be no loss of fidelity.  God exists and I believe it to be true as well.  Lets briefly return to fear, it goes away when I feel there is no need to see HIM, when I know today that even with so few pennies in my pocket, I can still chart out my territories, I don't need people to tell me what to do, I need well researched out ideas. This country is going no where, we keep coming back in circles, from Laloo to Mayawati to Mulayam.  Can I have Alternate Governance please, I have no fear of death, only of a mind that stops thinking and stops receiving new ideas.  Somebody get back A-Governance.
Maybe..Maybe sir.. its time to remember causes, to remember my heroes.

3 comments:

  1. superb article...after a long time I have read some great article...Governance will come but you are again begging... If you don't like then refuse and take a step for your desire!!! That's the best justice you can give to your life!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks .. yes it certainly makes sense not to beg .. Governance will come and certainly in our lifetime

      Delete
    2. Ajay, do send me your postal address on maninder.s.kumar@gmail.com .. will mail you the voucher .. fabulous to have you onboard ....

      Delete