Sunday 28 October 2012

They All Know Me

I have this feeling that everything is going to be just fine today, these are precious thoughts and the feeling is undeniably great.  If I was to analyse my own thoughts right now, I would say, I feel comfortable, thoughtful and insulated.  There is this feeling of not being there and yet being there for all and sundry.  Did anyone ever play cricket, I was a champ at it, and that was just the beginning, hitting sixes and fours all around the park, even bowling a few quickies to get the batsmen moving on his feet.  Come to think of it my insulated feeling comes from having done that and been there, so when I wear a tie to meetings all I am thinking of is clobbering these folks with the same amount of vigour, and eventually crack some meetings and build some bonds, those are the thoughts for the day.  A meeting in the morning, a few feelers to clients and suppliers, another one that will happen once they are OK with the presentation that I have already made to them and you know that it isn't just about ties and coats to browbeat clients and competition but the fact that we are what we are.

All this marketing talk early in the morning is sending me in a tizzy right now, want to feel that the sales meeting for today are going to be all fine.  I have a friend of mine who needs to work out a strategy, a very big strategy today, has a lot of potential and I am sure something will come out of it.  If one was to look at how things have progressed -  presentation, engage customers and convert suspects to prospects that has been my strategy and it works all the time.  If I was to look at it this way, there are a million strategies that people employ, what works eventually is defined by what sells, that is all there is to it and that is all that people would have you to believe.

As I start my first meeting, my mind would be like going hyper thinking about all my friends who helped me reach here, a mental thanks to all of them while the client is still talking, gradual all the conversation about business would fade away and I would be talking about people and their lives, I love talking to people, it gives me this feel of having pushed my horizon.  Then suddenly tears would well up in my eyes and there would be a distinct feel of having seen the future, of knowing that the guy I am speaking to has been with me for a lifetime.  I feel so blessed today to have had all the friends over a lifetime who have stayed with me and continue to do so even today.   Remember those days of childhood when we would sit for exam study, all of us with our books open and writing notes and taking down points from each other.  Fantastic feel and till date the best feel ever.  The fights and the put downs, all so distinct in my memory, over and above the idea that there will be a time in a couple of hours that this meeting would be over and I would be free to move to the next one, where my thoughts would be diverted again to other people.  This is the life we live in today, it is driven by people who we talk to and feel good about.
Hold my hand brother ... let me guide you

0 comments:

Post a Comment