Tuesday 30 October 2012

Love Doesn't Come Easy

Delhi University has an amazing affect on ones psyche, the thoughts and patterns are unique to whoever has studied there.  Remember distinctly when I was there for a few months, everyone thought that Prince was the name of a dog and that Michael Jordan was no different from the famous MJ.  Speaking of MJ, Santana comes to Delhi or rather Noida, Delhi is too staid for any musician.  All we do here is just sleep and snore, no thunder and no roar.  Hey, doesn't that rhyme, isn't that what I was looking for all day today, the rhyme.  In the beginning there was the university and then came the faculty.  Once the faculty, consisted of some be-speckled and very traditional looking gentlemen and women, but looks are always deceptive and each of them had a story to tell.

Chemistry was never my favourite subject till I turned 16, and then the bells began to ring in my head, telling me all the formulas and bonds.  Didn't the valence bond of a carbon atom consist of 4 bonds formed with hydrogen atoms, or didn't Carbon Monoxide cause respiratory problems in creatures.  Chemistry, chemistry and chemistry was all that there was there in my mind till I saw the light of the day, it wasn't as much fun in reading as it was understanding it, I could fail the exams and yet still form bonds with the hydrogen atom.  These are the bonds that are most stable when under natural conditions.  Now take the example of the Hindu, a religion of compassion and tolerance, what happens when the average Hindu is pitted against the die hard enthusiasts, well he becomes immune to all that they bring into his life, the hardliners and the thrusters, because he/she himself is a go getter and that is not to take away from the basic tenets that say that "thou shalth compete when your own is at stake".

Now taking you away from chemistry and the philosophies of the average Hindu, and this would bring us to a friend of mine Stephen who is a Christian but like most modern men has no qualms of mingling with the other communities, of course there lies a condition that "thou shall inherit what I bequeath you", so if I brought along with me an apple pie, you must share it and say the Gods name Jesus.  Stephen doesn't believe in too much in God as he believes in sharing wine and Rum cakes, his thoughts like most Christians of his age in India is that he is above it all, as his brothers and sisters have seen it all in the West and also because of the literature that he reads he has this "Know it All" attitude.

The only reason that I speak of the Hindu and Christian is because I dare not drag you to the wars of the Khap panchayats of Haryana, my thoughts are restricted to what I see in my world and no more.  The Khap panchayats may actually ask for the head be shaved off a women for mixing with the opposite sex that the panchayat doesn't approve or perhaps even restrict young girls from skirts to schools and as always annul weddings that do not find its sanction and send out a dictat against the runaway couple.  Death doesn't come easy if you run against the Khap, they are perpetually on your tail and I fear I have spoken longer than I normally do and on topics that I might not know too much.  After who am I, just an ordinary citizen of the largest democracy in the world.
All is not well now, take care buddy

0 comments:

Post a Comment