Tuesday 30 October 2012

The Break of Dawn

There is something going on around these parts, people are just not sane, take for instance this morning, somebody woke me up at 4:49am, the door bell rang and by the time I got to the door the person had already left.  Left my mind in a quandary, not that I don't get up early, I am a morning person and am up and running at around 5am or thereabouts.  Its getting colder around these parts and the cold has everything to do with wanting to sleep just a little bit longer, that last wink out of the twenty winks a day is the sweetest one.  The blankets are adequate to cover for the cold, in a few days I will be slipping under the duvets forgetting about my summer life and preparing myself for new tests ahead.

Speaking of tests I have been wondering what I could be doing come November, been writing to my hearts content for a while now and by the looks of it will continue to do so, writing is something that has given me immense pleasure, be it winter or summer I have continued in the same vein.  People have been criticising me for writing things that make them get up and take notice, friend of mine believes that I need to be more critical of myself and find out where my skills are as a storyteller.

Jarring noises are hard to fix in the morning, like a blaring horn or the sound of loud music can be disconcerting almost like the crow with the chatter of the myna bird and butterfly.  Butterflies I haven't seen for a while, I wonder where they disappeared to, though I hear the myna everyday.  When the sun is out and the green leaves have flowers overlying them, the butterflies used to make their appearance thoroughly surprising the on lookers.  The red and orange coloured ones as also the yellow ones with their small curvy wings flapping till they disappeared amongst the foliage probably to hover over another flower.

I have angels watching over me, and this ones particularly kind to me,  I live in a border town where the sound of shelling wakes us all up everyday and then it goes on through out the night.  The lull of the late night only gives way to more of it towards the early morning.  Romance is going out of my life listening to these sounds day in day out, almost like a thumb that sticks out they barge into our lives without any respect for the privacy.  Miss my friends now, in this place there is nothing to do except write, I am seeing a new facet of life, and it saddens me.
She laughs at me, God, you have to tell her she is mine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment