Wednesday 4 September 2013

Marriages Are Made In Heaven

My cousins wedding was fixed and he was rocking, "or plain in heaven," and I for one consoled him it isn't the end of the world, it wasn't that I wasn't feeling great about him getting married but the signs around me were telling something else, "for instance the age old saying that marriages are made in heaven," now if they were made in heaven then why did they end up in hell, and as a matter of fact too many of them did nowadays.  It was either an infection in the air or something to do with God's disposition towards marriages nowadays, "now I am not much of a believer," and so the medical condition sounded more appealing to me as a possible explanation.  So I suggested to my cousin that he leave for the doctors and get a general medical checkup done, "in specific for his mental state," that stunned my cousin and he instead retorted back, "you do that bro," I burst out laughing, I had lived a state of mind that he probably never had and in all probability would never would.

For the next few days, he stopped answering my phone calls, maybe he felt aggrieved at my suggestions, "and damn I couldn't care less," but going back to the medical condition, "and my hiney had one now, all the sitting hadn't helped," it goes back to ages when men believed and conditioned themselves to what other men, "read, their male friends," told them, and trust me, this tradition hadn't changed, even today men believe what other men tell them about how they should react to women.  This is cultural conditioning, so for instance, if you are getting married then rave about it because it is what most men would do or worst say that it is a dream come true for them, "nightmarish thought actually," and never let out that you are scared.  So, my cousin did eventually go to the doctors but that was a regular ummm, checkup of the organ that concerned him and his wife and my suggestion to date has gone unappreciated.

Speaking of appreciations, there is a doctor that I know who is phenomenal in treating erectile tissue disorders, and I jokingly passed on his number to my cousin, he was aghast and started to abuse me.  But, hey ! I am told this doctor is good and passes on good medicine to bad guys, "real good stuff this one," so I mention Dr Mitra's name and the whole world climbs on me for spoiling the perspective of a to be bride groom, "talk about good intentions," well in any case I wish my cousin luck cause he will need all of it even from a black wolf like me, "and I kind of like that term, conjures of memories of a masquerade party and the bat girl from Venus.  Has anyone seen "The Mask," its one of my favourite, wish Jim Carey didn't have to take his off, "a directorial blunder that one," see, Super Heroes need to keep their identities intact and that's the way its supposed to be.
Men are From Mars, Mars, Mars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment