Tuesday 23 April 2013

Internet Marketing Skills

Last night I started with a goal in mind, to get the CD/DVD project on track, its been delayed due to my own laziness and some technological glitch that I hadn't been able to resolve in the software.  Well, all that was in the past, as I started work on Macromedia Authorware 7.0, and as spoken about earlier, it's premise is ICON based authoring.  So as I moved from icon to icon, trying to perfect the Splash Screen, I thought, the logo with a small company text box would look fine on the first screen, I realized that there was going to be a battle royal between my SEOs (Site Engine Optimization).  I have been speaking to a few of them, for promoting the Fresh Energy Co blog, and all of them seemed eager to work with me.  One particular gentleman by the name of Mohammed Badruj, was particularly keen on this project, in fact he also suggested, that I turn the blog into a portal.  My immediate thoughts on that were as follows :


1. Expensive.
2. Lot of back end work.
3. Low Return On Investment.
4. High Wait Time.

With the following thoughts running in my head, I decided to leave the splash screen where it was and turned my attention to the SEO work.  I distinctly remembered Badruj telling me some about the various SEO software that were available in the market and how they fit into the overall picture.  Here is a summary of what he had told me :

1. Text is the Currency of the Internet.
2. Content is the King.
3. Link Relevancy is Important.
4. Tie together Popularity with Relevancy.

Given that I have been writing for over two years now, there was no doubt in my mind that I could write quality content, and as I had seen over a period of time "Content is the King".  The main issues were with links in the quality content, it meant that link relevancy is the "natural phenomenon that works when people link out to other content on the web."  When I start reading on the net there are a lot articles that interest me with respect to my own writing, and while linking to them is something that everybody would do, however the exact link they would use would be different.  For instance, linking to an idea generation blog from my blog I could use the link "New Product Development", while another person might use "Solar Idea Generation", the exact link used and the hits on that would determine the Link Relevancy.  Therefore it becomes important to use the competition analysis tool in SEO as this would tie Link Relevancy to Link Popularity, which is a combination of Domain popularity and Page popularity.

Understanding this had been hard to me, but now that I got the concept right in my head, I got around to writing and connecting links that made sense to everybody on the web.  Internet is a public medium and different people access it, you could chose high volume over low volume and personalized content to get the maximum number of hits.  It also occurred to me that I was not too concerned right now about selling on the web, I was here to deliver quality and validated content to the readers.  The selling part would happen later, probably in two months, when I made my mark with pulling customers.  A list of SEO software, I researched last night appears below, though this is not an exhaustive list, it is enough to make a choice :


1. Niche Finder - worth a try
2. Micro Niche Finder
3. SEO Power suite Enterprise - didn't work
4. SEO suite ver 8 corporate edition - didn't work
5. Scrapebox 1.15 and article marketing robot
6.No Hands SEO v 1.7.60 - worth a try
7. iDevAffiliate v5.1 platinum - couldn't download
8. Wild SEO - worth a try
9. Syndk8 SEO link pro 1.0.1.0
10. xGen SEO 1.0.89 enterprise
11. SEO Report v100279
12. SEO studio enterprise edition - didn't work
13. Seo Elite
14. ASEOPS v7.1.1 Multilingual
15. Venom SEO - Not supported anymore
16. SEO NUKE 6.36
17. The BestSpinner 2.0.8


Don't make the mistake of writing in Isolation, Connect.

0 comments:

Post a Comment