Monday 28 October 2013

The Time Capsule

Anjali had been busy with her new job and her social life had picked up as well, she had always been an outgoing person and now with friends she seemed to have positively blossomed.  I had got up early this morning and was deep in thought, "as I am so often in the morning," there were many things I had wanted for Anjali and amongst them the foremost was her happiness.  Attachments beget sorrow and could my attachment to her be bringing strife to her otherwise happy life, when human beings attach themselves to each other there is often the chance of this attachment turning to something more and in my case I was too independent to allow that.  So this morning my thoughts went to happiness and how it could be attained.

So I went and saw a movie, it was called "Django Unchained" that talked of the deep declined virtues in Southern USA more specifically Texas, the negros were enslaved and tortured, maltreatment being an understatement.  I enjoyed the movie, though thought it was too violent and by the end of it couldn't wait to get out of the theater, there is a limit to the kind of bloodshed that one can watch that shows blood spurting out of severed heads and limbs.  The divide between the rich and the poor has always lead to bloodshed especially the one based on color and creed.  I came back from the movie thinking of Django as the noble creature who dispensed with anybody trying to stop him from attaining his freedom and that was a salient thought.

The color of money seems to be the hue of the season, there are people trying to make a good buck from just about anything, depression seems to have been around far too long now, you know it when people stop talking about love.  I for one have always liked a love story, give me one and I will take it and nurture it into a full fledged fire, "that sounds really quaint, doesn't it," but then I am kind of ancient in my thought process, the classical prose is what I love to write, "antiquity is probably the right word," and I have often wondered about the human thought process as a whole and the influence of it on actions.  The classical thought process often predates the romantic thought process, though the objective of both is the same, to remove boredom and tediousness of life.

For instance the classical form would evaluate what form of friendship could transpire between a man and a woman without turning into something more, and of course, also evaluate the reasons why it didn't turn into anything more if it so happened that way.  A woman needs a man who cares for her emotionally and though I fulfilled that requirement with Anjali, I didn't really take well to the romantic angle.  Now I was sure that Anjali had no romantic inclinations towards me either, but that set my mind into figuring out why was there no romantic angle between us.  There is some merit in the saying, "blessed are those whose mind are never at rest," and my mind was trying to decipher this thought and dissect it to pieces, "it was frightening," for in dissecting it I was playing the assassin and the game was going to be fraught with danger where I could end up hurting myself.
Spend Your Energy On Things That Make You Happy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment