Wednesday 2 October 2013

As Days Go By

I had been dropping Anjali to the office for a week now, since we had been missing our walks together,"and damn I so hated that," I thought I would make up by driving her to work, the morning conversation was important, it so set the tone for the day.  She would talk about her work and office life with loads of enthusiasm, "and that is so an understatement," for somebody who was this hardworking and dedicated it was pleasure to hear her talk about it, work kept her busy and her life schedule looked all set, "sometimes work is the best medicine," through thick and thin with her, now I knew what was troubling her, "I could probably have mind reading as my alternative employment," and given the fact there was evidence enough that my skills were improving at it.

Her boss was a total bitch, "another understatement," my advice to people who generally told me this was "give up the job or live with the boss," but in this case I found a nuance that was kind of special, Anjali loved her job but not the boss, was it fair under those circumstances to ask her to give up the job.  The answer was written on her face, she would continue with this new job for years, in all probability her boss would resign earlier than her, I was sure Anjali would get promoted and replace her boss.  Life had taught me a lesson again here, when faced with a question that we think we know an answer to, it finds a new meaning when we attach it to someone who is important to us.  Anjali was very important, "and damn that by all means was another understatement," I was making a habit of this now, I knew now how crucial it was for her to stick to this job and not give up just because there was a "Big Rock," in the way.

Speaking of Big Rocks, I just wrote down my MIT's, "Most Important Tasks," for the days to come and found that I was so engrossed with my life that I didn't have an MIT that made sense to me.  Anjali had suggested this MIT "philosophy," to me, "Massachusetts, no puns intended," and I was getting around to building my day around this.  Nowadays I had tasks at hand till about 2pm in the afternoon and then it was a herculean finding creative things to do after that, "like fish in an aquarium," I needed to feel the breeze of the sea to get my mind going, I would end up calling Anjali, "and she was at work," a million times till she returned home to keep my mind going in the right direction.  Of all the things that made sense to me nowadays, my association with her and her friends was the way forward, "forget the past," my mind would snap back at me, and I would ask it to calm down and let me think, there was a sort of dichotomy here, my mind after all wasn't removed from my physical being and yet it seemed to me that it,"went wandering a bit," like I had this ability to lend it to people in my network who required it at that point in time.

We are very selfish beings and tend to think a whole lot about ourselves and what we do, Anjali had often told me to remember that we are in all probability an insignificant part in the global pool of intelligence, which is far more purposeful and overreaching than anything we would ever know in our lives.  The important thing was to consider each thing we wanted to do in its entirety and then attack the problem, "not everything was serial in life," sometimes we multi-tasked and sometimes we paralleled life as well, these past few days had shown new light on to existing theories.
Open Up Your Heart And You Shall See The Wonder.


0 comments:

Post a Comment