Friday 4 October 2013

To Hell And Quietly Back

Pradhan was to be at the designated place, "and damn he was meticulous," Anjali had called him while in the car and asked if he had the "stuff," and he had acquiesced, Pradhan was an old friend of Anjali's and a guy she liked a lot, "didn't know how much I was going to like him though," my attention span was low these days with strangers.  So we reached the spot right on time and began to wonder what was in store, " I didn't like surprises too much," and neither did she.  We waited for a while and before I could feel like a bank robber the guy arrived, short and fit, he was attired in Jeans and a Tee, he was on the phone and walked quick and talked in English, "real quick too," I remember seeing his face for the first time and he was cherubic.

Anjali had this real talent for finding good friends even at the worst of places, she always had somebody who she could rely on at any place, "and that made me glad," Pradhan was different from Anand who was the party animal personified,  Pradhan on the other hand was dignified and noble, he could talk for hours even in his doped state of mind.  He regaled us with stories of his family and I was suddenly happy talking to him, "and Anjali even happier," I decided to listen more than talk as if there is a lot of merit in being QUIET when somebody is in full flow.  I think human beings are gregarious talkers, "even the most introvert people," and society pays the extrovert for talking, you only have to look at the corporate cultures to realise that people try and cover up their shyness and quietness by talking endlessly, its almost like they are not at ease with their own self.

Pradhan's father was in the army and that is where I suppose he got his fortitude from, "I suppose you could call it quiet fortitude," if ever there was a thing like that, funnily enough that was the phrase that Anjali used to describe Pradhan, I was sure I would eventually understand, "damn I never failed to understand her point of view,"  you beauty, you always had a point of view that had me marvelling at your thought process.  Pradhan had had a tough life, he was an introvert turned an extrovert to please the baying crowd, he was happy with his own people but felt he had a social obligation to keep other peoples perception of him alive by talking to them in a genial manner that would become even Dr Watson.  We spoke to him for an hour and when we left I carried this blissful imprint of him in my mind.
Stay Ignorant, Stay Happy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment