Sunday 19 August 2012

Best Friends Forever

There comes a time in our lives when we realize the futility of trying to correct a monumental wrong. Let bygones be bygones and continue living within the confines of our narrow dogmas and viewpoints.  Isn't it amazing that even narrow mindedness has its advantages.  You can get into the mode and it will restrict you from thinking out of the box, just a total shutdown of the system. I love the thought of going out with a friend who will trust me and understands me for who I am.  Imagine the thought of total bliss and happiness at the expense of your dogmas.  What a wonderful thought, like the dream of the poets when they wield their literary sword to slice through what is or what isn't, and really that doesn't matter, because our dreams are what create our worlds. Isn't it strange that most people believe that a man woman cannot exist with the implication of a best friend.  I miss the times I spent with my best friend, I mean afterall do candle light dinners really matter if I can pull on the plug for a dry martini with my best buddy.

You know, this thought of best buddies has always been rift with debates in my mind.  Most of my best buddies have been the opposite sex, men to be more precise.  I have been able to gel with them at the most basic level without any other thought intruding into it.  Though some relations have soured most have progressed reasonably well.  Only recently I have been able to accept that fact that I want a buddy relation with a man without man-woman angle intruding into it.  Take for example, being able to share suttas and chai or even a meal, have a hearty laugh.
We are what our lives make us to be

0 comments:

Post a Comment