Wednesday 15 August 2012

Money don't buy you everything

Roaming the streets of London, here's what I found most interesting.  They not only allow you to roam without fear, but also very little amount of money is required if you are willing to trek it out.  I even found a rickshaw puller near oxford street.  Imagine a white man lugging you around in shorts and T-shirt.  I always thought of rickshaw pullers wearing lungis and kurta.  On the other hand, these pullers not only looked real suave and slick shaven they were also well perfumed.  "Hey boy", I hailed the puller in my English and he said "where do you want to go ? "  "To the theatre boy" and off we went pulled by this young English boy who looked right of the country.  It was but a short 10 minutes drive or should i say pull to the theatre from the tube station, very much more pleasurable than any other I have seen in any state in India, including Calcutta.  The environment is pollution free at least in the theatre dominated areas of Covent Garden.

Wasn't it the other day that I saw the grand old man of Indian theatre, now sadly no more, M.F. Hussain in Lyceum.  This was just as I was about to enter the theatre, and the show running which one was it, let me think, I think it was "Mama Mia" that famous classical on which there have been so many renderings.  He looked at me and said good evening sir, and amazingly it was him who recognised him rather than me.  M.F.  hadn't aged even a bit.  In any case "Mama Mia" was a classic and so were the various cast members of the show. 

That brings me to the point that howsoever we look at the world as a classic it is really the quantum theory that defines how it functions.  It really is no wonder that instead of calling Mama Mia a classic I should be calling it a Quantum Magnum.  Wasn't it a magnum that defined the classic .307.  It is a great feeling to realise that the world is no longer classic but quantum.
All of my world in my cup of tea, fluid and dynamic

0 comments:

Post a Comment