Monday 13 January 2014

Recharge Your Hair

I was talking on the phone to Anjali, when the doorbell rang,"Tang Tang Tang." I hated being disturbed when I was on the phone, especially Anjali who always had words to say to me, teach me things about life, she would take examples out of her golden book of love,"that girl she is good for you, she likes your hair, eyes and et all."

Nonetheless I walked over to the door, with the phone in hand and Anjali on hold, she meanwhile decided to try her hand at making some coffee, she was a coffee addict and was soon onto a deadly concoction even while on the phone.  "Do you want some shampoo," he said, this small framed boy was looking through the framed door.  On first sight I liked him, he had tossled hair and a boy next door smile, I stared him in the face, "I have some best shampoo, all promotional at a special price you just can't beat."

Did I need some Shampoo, my mind was dizzy and reeling, I had headache and though normally I used gel but off late I had been getting lethargic and lazy with my appearance, I took one more look at him and invited him in, "Come on boy, here is where we show our sales skills," I waved him into a living room, he stared, this was a very largish living room with comfortable sofas, leathered and clothed as well, a space to walk through with two air conditioners, large tonnage, he stared again at the chandelier and smiled, " this place rocks sir ! a penny for your thought, nobody ever invited me into the house, thanks," he continued displaying his wares, this large suitcase contained everything, "My name is Farrukh and I have been in this business for over two years now, have set up a network of customers, I do this on a full time basis and have built a reputation for direct sales, door to doors and network marketing.  Pleased to do business with you sir, me very happy to be hair in this large house."

As he showed me his range from Sunsilk to Loreal, I suddenly remembered I had put Anjali on hold, I quickly started talking, "You still there," hoping for a kind reply.  "I am here," she said with what sounded like a wry smile, I had seen that smile many a times so could visualize it immediately, she always managed it with me when she got angry.  I told her about Farrukh, "I am buying some Shampoo," she always had recommedations, "wash your hair, twice a week, no no, now make it thrice a week, use a nice conditioner, it would smoothen your hair and give it sheen, ... have you tried Hair and Shanti, its the best .... correct, you got it right ... they got the best range."

I had heard it all in rapture and I listened again, she always told me a story and the descriptions were straight forward and always accurate.  As she told me about the shampoo to buy, I repeated them to Farrukh who like a magic genie got out perfect range, bottles of large and small size, in all colors, from white of the lor'eal, I particularly preferred this, the green for the Sunsilk, the shapes and sizes had me enamoured.  Farrukh on the other hand like a true salesman was telling me about the content of each shampoo, I listened vaguely and then heard Anjali in her kitchen clanging some vessels, it had been a soft conversation till Farrukh had arrived with his soft selling skills, and now she spoke rapidly, "Buy Sunsilk, I think you would love the smell of it, its fruity and nice, I am going to be late for work otherwise, if you hang around with this salesman."

I knew she was getting late but then started to hold her back a bit, it seemed she was angry a bit and wanted to calm her down before I met her for work, Farrukh meanwhile looked up from his suitcase expectantly, as if Madam was giving me some good advice, "This one Sir, or this one."  I put the phone down and pointed to him, "Recommend one, I trust your advice, you seem to be an expert."
"Sir, how about the green one then ?" he asked knowing that I had been staring at the bottle for a while, he seemed to think I was a novice and no doubt I might be one after all, "Will it cure my headache?"
"I have known shampoos to cure everything from baldness to falling hair, even whitening hair," he smiled knowingly.
"I love to party .... " I told him.
"Then take the white one, its for the party animal," he smiled opening up to this game.
"And if I didn't like to party ?"
"Then you buy the large yellow one," he said slightly distracted.

The white one was Sunsilk http://www.sunsilk.in/ and I quickly also bought a bottle of conditioner.  Farrukh was out in no time with a buzz in his head and a smile as big the Indian Ocean.
"There's always a way even if your head is buzzing and reeling."

0 comments:

Post a Comment