Tuesday 21 January 2014

Renewables Calling - Knowledge Is Great

You look at the river,
The flowers and the bees,
the water as it flows along the banks
the wet grass and all of a sudden you feel
"Oh yeah I forgot about this"

Renewables had been a part of my life for over 5 years now, it had been a journey unparallelled.  Five years ago I had been lonely and forlorn when I took this journey down to the Noida Expressway, I was missing her this girl who was special in my life.  I missed her so intensely that sometimes it tore my heart out, we had been happy and more so because we could talk for hours about the birds and the bees, the banks and brokerages, of friends and lovers and yet not feel bored.

As I drove down, I turned to the CD player, I always had a Jagjit Singh CD in it, and it started to play while I started to dream again, the fog lamps were ON, it was a cold and foggy night, during the day the sun had hardly peaked, through.  It was 2009 and I thought to myself, if I got this chance to change my life today, what would I do, "Iss Shahar Mein Har Shakz Pareshein Sa Kyun hai," translated it meant, "Why is every human being in this city worried."

"You are a Loser," she had told me.
"Hahahahaha," I had laughed but inwardly I was cringing, how would anyone feel when this one important person in your life told you this.  I had instantly got out this cigarette from my pocket and lit it up, turned around and looked at the traffic outside the coffee shop and cried a little inwardly.  I was too proud to show my tears, then looked at her, not listening to what she was saying.
"I could get out of your life right now, if you so want it," I said still puffing away.
"Then do it," she wasn't going to listen and for once I was adamant too.

I had walked out of the coffee shop, not caring what happened next, picked up a bottle of beer, "Don't," my mind had snapped back at me and for once I had ignored the warning.  As I sped down towards Atta Market having paid the toll at the Toll Plaza, the song still played and my memories were getting sharper and sharper, still uncaring and singing to the tune I had pressed the accelerator, laughing and enjoying myself, when suddenly amidst all this traffic and haze of alcohol, I found myself on the Greater Noida Expressway.  Not caring and not thinking, I had given up on the road map, it was probably my mind playing tricks again, when suddenly I found this truck coming from the wrong side, I was near Sector 129 and the crash happened.

Next morning, I woke up in the same house I had always had been, not thinking I walked to refrigerator opened a carton of milk, made myself some breakfast and in a confused state of mind walked over to my porch and saw my car still standing there, spic and span as it had always been, untouched and unscathed.

The next 4 weeks I spent recuperating from this tragedy, I had the pigeons and the sparrows, the white tailed Mynas chirping away, I would look at the position of the Sun, study it, and in the night I saw how the Moon and the Stars moved to a rhythm.  So if the Earth moved around its axis as well as move around the Sun what were the implications of a cold winter, how did it rain and snow.  It was a learning process and knew that what I was being taught was special.

So what was I thinking of doing and changing in my life, I could study Renewable Energy at European Energy Centre, UK, probably the Galileo Master Certification after all I knew it well, the practicalities of Renewable Energy, this course could teach me the technicalities (http://knowledgeisgreat.in/) of it.

I have been trying to get this message across to people for a long time, but I have failed every time I have tried to do that.  I just didn't have the words to say what I have wanted to say.  My whole life just flashes by when I think "Oh yeah I forgot about this".  Nothing you would say, well, I have loved the rivers, green grass and trees, even the mud has made me happy slipping on it and getting dirty but what have I done to retain these things in the form I like them.  Nothing.  I was expecting them to remain the same year after year but they don't.  It gets hotter and hotter, muggier and muggier each year.  The dust and particulate matter in the air has gone up year after year.
"So what happened ?"