Wednesday 5 June 2013

The Meaning of Life

Its been a rough day, nothing worked out today, there are some days when work seems to stand still and personal life is totally so out.  Today was no exception, I started early and finished late and yet was oddly dissatisfied with the day.  Friend of mine from old has a mother who is not doing too well health wise and that troubles me, I cannot see her in pain, neither the mother and especially the daughter.  Life isn't so hunky dory once people get old, there are the thoughts of the past that trouble us and then the thought of going, leaving this world is scary.

"Moms ill, and I don't know what to do," she said as she brushed her long hair with her long fingers.  I had noticed that she did that every time she was nervous or thought somebody was following her too closely.
"Oh ! that's terrible," I whispered, I had been smoking the whole day and my voice was hoarse.
"She wants me with her all the time.  She doesn't let go and seems to think I have the remedy for her illness," she was sounding almost as depressed as her mom.  I almost let go of the topic here but then thought otherwise, she wanted to talk and I let her.
"She has this lung problem and breathing issue, due to which she has fever and catches cold the minute it gets cold, even the AC induced cold is bad for her."
"Ok ! " I murmured back, I was listening and trying to resolve something in my mind.

She was going to write content for my site and that was final, no matter how long it took her and what the price was.  I had been contemplating writing content for the site myself but had suddenly realized I needed another person with me to do the work from home.  I had written articles and articles on solar for days, I had them, was ready with case studies, audio blogs and videos, but the articles still had to be rewritten and spun to include the keywords.  I was convinced she was the right person to do it, one, she wrote well and two, she was  motivated young lady, the two combinations are fatal for a website.  I laughed inwardly at my thoughts, which were streaming way ahead of what was being thrown at me.

"Its my Stars, they are not with me." she persisted on the same topic, words were coming out rapidly as she got into the groove to talk.   I had always believed in the Stars, the Sun Signs that we are born with, they influence to a large extent what happens to us.  I had been at the website for six months now getting someplace and then getting nowhere, dangling in limbo.  I believe that all projects require the following :

                                          1.  Knowledge
                                          2.  Skill
                                          3.  Desire

Knowledge is our ability to harness what has to be done, Skill the ability to spell out how it has to be done and Desire, the want to do.  All activities are linked to this triad.  I had the Knowledge and Skill to do the job, the Desire might be waning a wee bit, but it was there nonetheless.  I needed people with me, people with the same Desire to harness their Skills to get the project on the road.  There was a road map that I had built long back for myself, I had to refine this road map to get the money flow to run the project to its conclusion, with enough finances to please everybody who would be on board with me.  That's what this meeting was telling me.

I looked around for my bill and when I didn't find it on the table, started walking to the counter which was very crowded, turned back to the table where she sat looking pensive and sat down on my chair.  I started looking out of the window, thinking, both of us needed money, we needed to be part of a project that we liked to do, life had taken us to a place where nothing gave us more satisfaction than doing creative things to make money, we were both pisceans.  Corporate culture throttled us, we probably needed to evolve our own culture, to be successful in my minds more than anything else.  It was the way this conversation had evolved that I was beginning to like, I could see ever so clearly what my road map was going to look like if it included her, and that was just the beginning.  Ever the optimist, I started to think of getting back and working on this project.
Trust in God and have Faith in Friends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment