Saturday 29 June 2013

King of Good Times

I lay down on the bed dreaming, it was my birthday today, I had turned 40 this summer, four decades "incredible how over rated birthdays are," it was just another day for me, I was thinking to myself, I didn't have a job, my savings were dwindling, "the cash registers had stopped making a noise," friends were gone, "thank God for that, the Leeches !", apart from a few that had stayed through my bad times, "thats what they call a life's lesson learnt," in any case the bad times would go too, just like the rains do every year leaving the Sun behind.  I got this whiff of something baking at the neighbours, a cake being baked at their house while everything was quiet at my base.  I didn't want to go out too much, it was sunny, "too damn sunny," and the thought of going out gave me "summer goose pimples."

It was almost as if, today the world had stopped, people called to wish a birthday, but the people whose calls I really wanted to receive weren't there in my life.  The world had changed from being an immensely friendly place to live in, to a total disaster for me.  It was very unlike me to be cooped up in the house on any day, forget about the birthday, but I wanted it this way this year.  I wanted to finally feel this pain that I had managed to subdue within me, this loneliness that stems from people who go from your life when you don't want them to, and especially the ones who you want.  These calls that I was getting was from people I regarded as strangers, not even acquaintances, people on facebook, other social networking sites, people who could read my birth date on the digital calendar and then call me.

These days I ruminate often, and regret too, "almost like a frog in penance," leap to any opportunity to make a change in my life.  I do believe good times will come, "seen the new Kingfisher advertisement," Shane Warne is looking extra smart and natty when he says, "Hindi mein bolo," 'read "Speak in Hindi." How about buying a case full of Kingfisher Beers for the birthday, drink at least 6 of them during the day, "the king of goodtimes hmm ?"  The most unlikely heroes in my life, "for instance Shane 'THE KING' Warnie," are heroes to me not because of what they did in their productive life "bowled Warnie,' and I am sure Ian Healy would tend to disagree with me, its what these guys achieve after they peak, " the only way from the top of a hill is down."  For the next decade, I would love to take it easy, "cat had its cream huh?," but I hope that God gives me the courage and wisdom to keep  going on and pushing myself to the top of the next mountain.
Sometimes a tear drop is priceless in HIS books.

0 comments:

Post a Comment