Sunday 30 June 2013

The Waiting Lounge

I had been waiting for this for a few months, the fact that people often mistake the wait as inertia was well known to me, sometimes no matter how hard we try, there is a wait time to everything.  I had been anticipating Arun's comeback for two months now, and as I sat at the waiting lounge of the airport, my phone rang, it was Arun, he was running late by 15 minutes, "damn, the slacker," he was always late, the flight was in 1 1/2 hours, "forget your boyish errands," there was an emergency here, we had to talk to sought this out."  I had often wondered what he loved about me, I was a regular gal, sophisticated and yet simple,  "of course that didn't mean anything," cause it was always in the mind for him.  The last I had met him, "damn that meeting," he had continued talking about work, about his present status ever since we had broken up, which was more like four months back, "time it sure crawls," I wasn't over him but it sure seemed like he was.

He arrived dot at 9:15 am, walked in, caught my eye and walked straight up to me.  I wanted to talk and he wanted to make up.  "Surprised ?" I caught myself asking, and thought, "what the heck for," he wanted to get back to the same status we were at before we broke up.  "I have moved on," I caught myself before it spilled out, "of course I wanted to get back with him, suddenly my mood brightened up, " damn why does it always happen," with him around I seemed to be on cloud nine.  While I was still dreaming of what he had said, he looked over at my phone and took it in his hand and started scanning the messages. "Whats this ?" I knew what was coming, he had seen the only message that Karan had sent me over the few months in which he had expressed his love for me, "me and my silly sentimental heart," I had decided to keep that message, and the way my luck was progressing these days, "here we go again," we were going to have another break-up.

As it turned out, Arun became nasty and within minutes of arriving and perusing my phone, he started to abuse Karan, even threatened to call him and tell him all about me and himself, the more I had thought of making this meeting amiable, the more it was getting out of hand.  I started to cry thinking that making a scene would stop him, and it did, he immediately walked out of the waiting lounge.  I managed to calm myself down, remembering I had a flight to take in one hour, went to the ladies room and freshened myself up and tore up Arun's photograph and deleted his number from my mobile and boarded the flight.  I would handle this now, without a doubt in my mind.
There is always a purpose to things, if the mind can investigate it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment