Tuesday 2 July 2013

The Suicide Note

I was dead sure I was right, "damn you can't get me wrong on this," she knew something, she walked into my bedroom with three of her friends, "and you can be sure I was dead that night," I had been drinking and had six of my sleeping pills,"and you can bet your dandy, still hadn't fallen asleep."  I watched them saunter in, it was late when I had opened the door, "see this door had a remote device latch and a camera," I was alright, but dead to the world right now.  The television had been making all kinds of noises and I had tried everything to dull the sound, "get this freaking device outta my room," my mind had screamed at me, now this is a 52 inch "freaking device," not easy to haul away, so instead, I had just popped in the sleeping pills.  "Hi, how are you doing ?" she had asked, "As good as it gets," I figured I might as well say, but shut up and listened.  They must have been partying, I could smell alcohol, "unless my own drunk mind was playing tricks," I was myself on a potent combination.

I had been thinking about my life for the past two hours and getting nowhere, it was strangely inane, this life of mine and immune to whatever rants I made.  I was getting nowhere with it, I wasn't meeting the right people, I wasn't doing the right thing, I still had everything organised in my "top end," but this life was taking me nowhere.  I was way past analysing it, and it was way past 1 am in the morning, the television had finally stopped making the noises, and I had reached a decision after my fourth sleeping pill and getting not even close to a shut eye.  Tomorrow morning, if I did manage to get up in the morning, I would pack my bags and head to the nearest B level town, if this city didn't like me maybe some other would.

Soon as I popped in my sixth pill, these "so called friends," of mine walked in, Anisha was snazzily dressed as she normally is, I had known her for close to 20 years, "time flies when you don't need it to," and I was left wondering what they were doing in my house at this time of the night.  "Want a drink, get your own," was my philosophy and at 1 am all I was going to get them was, "genuinely hot cup of coffee," and they'd probably have to make it themselves too.  They plonked themselves down in the bedroom, "they weren't going to move," until I shooed them away to the sitting room downstairs.  I must have sounded real meek,"sooo sooo," I was blabbering but wasn't going to let them get away, I could hear the laughter, "what was I doing with them," I had my own problems to deal with here, tomorrow I might not be here."

So we chatted for an hour, over cups of coffee and tea, it was 3 am when they left, they had been trying to convince me to do something, I had no clue what, till date I have no idea what it was about, I just sat numbly and listened, hoping for it to get over, this night had no end, "when the nights are unending, you know you hit it big during the day," I must have, I had been travelling through out the day on work, had walked in late, had dinner and slept for an hour, before getting on my drinking spree and thereafter onto the pills.  I finally hit the bed at about 5 am that night, "I think I had them convinced that I was no good company," and slept through the morning till 2  pm.  It was mid evening when I was finally ready to leave the house for my next mission.
Of Friends and Saints.

0 comments:

Post a Comment