Friday 19 July 2013

Watching People - The Sequel

So here I was looking out of my window when suddenly it occurred to me, it was time for rain and though it had rained a bit in the night, the leaves looked sparkling clean, and drops of rain that splashed the leaves glistened in the sunlight, "like it really mattered to me," I was looking out of the window hoping to catch a glimpse of her.  I had done this routine, "if I might call it that," for almost two months now, "at least I damn well got up in the morning," and I was eager to speak to her now.  Now I am reasonable guy and wanted to find out for myself the stuff she was made up of, "did she look that good up close after all," for all you know she may turn out to be engaged or worst married.  I watched the dumpers go by along with lots of cars, "there were always cars," the human race was absolutely crazy about cars and then I spotted her in the distance, I jumped out of the apartment, for the first time regretting that I was on the seventh floor, "damn it took all the time to get down," normally the view from the floor was stunning and that's what had made me rent it out, it took me 2 minutes to reach ground zero and I rushed out of the block and waited at a lamp post, cigarette in my hand leaning against it and looking into far of space.

As she approached my heart beat increased, but I stayed poised and puffed a drag, now I could hear the clicking of the heels on the pavement, and their intensity increased as she got in closer, the click clack on the cement was sweet music, just at the right moment I looked up, and froze, "like I had  never seen ice before," she was walking staring at me, our eyes met and stayed, "what is it about drama that I like," my tension had heightened, I enjoyed the feel of watching her and my mind approved immediately, "nowadays it didn't enjoy too many things," and then the moment passed as the "click clack," receded on its way away from me. My mind told me I would do this again, it was worth the moment, often enough we seek pleasure in doing things while there may be more pleasure in sitting it out and wait for the right moment to do things, till then it is a wait and watch and sometimes the "watch is worth the wait," as it had been this time around.

I walked into the cafe open early in the morning for breakfast, there were few customers, "I liked it like that," the waitress at the counter I knew for a long time and I chatted with her for 10 minutes before taking my breakfast to the table.  Seema, intuitively seemed to know what to do and she spoke to me like a friend nowadays more than customer.  It occurred to me that restaurants were to people nowadays what theatre had been to folks in the '70s, "certainly it was to me," and I liked Seema for what she accomplished for me,  I chatted with her some more before my thoughts started drifting to work and what I had to accomplish during the day.
Follow that Intuition, Its Priceless.


0 comments:

Post a Comment