Tuesday 30 July 2013

Musings of a Sleepy Head

I had been sleeping for over thirteen hours now, everyday that came for the past one month had been nothing new and yesterday it struck me that since I had the time why not use it to rejuvenate my mind.  Sleep told my mind, "sometimes it speaks to me," and for once I agreed with it, I had slept at 6 pm the last evening and got up around 7 am the next morning.  For the sleep deprived it was nirvana,"a opium bash hard to beat," and I had woken up with this "nothing" feeling in my head.  I had missed my appointment for the morning walk with Anjali as a consequence and knew she understood, "damn I hated missing these sessions," there was always tomorrow I told myself and that is how I had lived my life and would continue to live it.  The doorbell rang at 7:00 am, "it always damn well did," the maid was in to cook breakfast, and I had a headache, I walked down to open the door, normally I am a lazy bum in the morning, "hop from place to place," till somebody gives me tea.  She made tea for me and cooked some breakfast, I hopped on into my old sedan and rushed for my first meeting.

Anjali called around 10:30 am to ask how I was feeling and when she called I would anyway feel absolutely fine,"and damn she knew it," I told her I had a headache and was immediately recommended a medicine which I picked up from the medical shop,"that too while I was on the phone," her recommendations came way ahead of anyone else's, she had been my doctor, business advisor and secretary all rolled into one,"didn't I say I had a bread roll for breakfast," when she asked me to  focus on my personal life now more than work, to start organising the time I would spend with Shalini, mom and father.  My parents had always been non-intrusive, they meant well and knew me to be a quiet man of music,"don't I love this term," though I didn't do too much of listening nowadays except in my car.

At the end of the day I was left with a feeling of wondrous joy, it had gone all very well, except for this dull ache that told me that I had missed my morning session with Romeo and Anjali more than I would care to admit.  This life wasn't bringing me too much of happiness these days and I loved the work and travel more than anything else, it sorted things out in my head and made me feel real and connected.  Anjali had in fact in the past asked me to totally immerse myself in it and not worry about my past life, what was gone was gone, what remained was this feeling of togetherness and I wouldn't give that away for anything.  Relations, "and I speak about the blood ones," gave me no happiness, they left me with a sour taste in my mouth, the only thing that mattered today was newness with which I met each person in my life,"definitely unlike my blood ones," it made for far more sense to leave family complicated and friends uncomplicated, I would carry on with Anjali and not ask her to change, I would instead be just her today and see it till the end of the day.
Makes Sense To Uncomplicate.

0 comments:

Post a Comment