Saturday 13 July 2013

The Faceless Crusader

I had been waiting at the doorsteps for an hour, when suddenly it happened, the door opened from the inside as someone woke up to let me in.  It was 6 am in the morning and it all started with a party invitation that I had accepted, "thoughtfully though," it was a house party that required me to be dressed in a costume.  I had chosen Batman as the idol and gone ahead and got myself stitched a costume, "including the cape, would you believe it," it looked horrendously pale in front of the other inmates of the house party.  They were all dressed in bright clothing, there was a bee, "from some comic book," there was the princess,"they be damned," and another one even looked like the Man Of Steel.  I started to think I was looking bizarrely out of place when in walked another caped crusader, The Bat Girl, "and she sure was a sight for sore eyes."

We hit it off instantly, and stayed at the house party for just an hour, moved on to the suburban metropolitan looking for pubs to drown our combined sorrow,"didn't I say we looked out of place," and bizarrely so.  She was a housewife on a rampage, I was a sales and marketing guy looking to make it big,"both drowned in liquor," of all variety and me drunk and she not one bit,"damn that fakey stuff," I was sure I made a sorry sight in front of her and she looked fabulous with the mask on.  Would you believe it, I still hadn't seen her face, my mask was down of course, "as it normally is after a couple of drinks," I had told her all my big dreams and she had soaked it in, "as well as what she was having,  We talked really well and it showed, I was wondering after 4 hours on the street with her, whether it was possible to like someone so much without seeing her face, "the faceless crusader," more likely killer cause she had me totally floored.  I would have done anything for her for that one last drink, "and we had had 4 last drinks," it was 4 am in the morning when I dropped her off at her flat, "still faceless," at the doorstep she stopped and turned around and said, "See ya soon," and walked in.

On my way back home I took the longer way home, "damn I didn't have the keys to the house," and I had some thinking to do, this had never happened to me before, "falling in love again mister," and it was our first four hours together and she was still faceless.  How could it be that I was falling for a faceless stranger, my heartbeats increased every time i thought of her, and I had no feel to go by, I hadn't seen the face just the soul of stranger that had choreographed with me to tunes unheralded.  For me, she had been brilliance personified, a totally magnificent princess,"here I go again," to be put on a pedestal and worshipped.  She was my beauty queen who would win all beauty pageants if she ever chose to participate, and I had to convince her that I was the prince who would carry her off on my splendid white horse.  Still dreaming,  I reached home  and suddenly the door opened from the inside, I was in time for a quick bath and breakfast and then sleep for eternity in my new dreamworld.
Stay Blind, Have Faith, Be Happy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment