Tuesday 16 July 2013

A Morning to Remember

I woke up to a bright morning today, "and humid too, did I mention that," felt the AC waning a bit as I got into the car for my breakfast, McDonald's was not far, "far or not I would still reach it," about 10 minutes from home, so drove down to it and picked up two Hash Browns and a Coffee.  While I waited for me to be served at the counter, in came a lady, with a hint of white in her hair, and looking absolutely dignified, she had walked in behind me, I looked at her and wondered to myself what had got her here this early in the morning, maybe she worked around these parts, maybe she was just a wanderer like me, "and I do fancy myself as that," maybe she was just waiting for someone to come in, in any case when our eyes met, I said a Hi to her and she replied back, "howdy."  She mentioned something about the vent of the Air Con smelling and I agreed with her, we spoke for 10 minutes and then she went her way and I went mine, "which was upstairs to the seating."

After finishing off the breakfast, "and I didn't particularly like the coffee," I drove down to another suburb, to a Coffee Day Lounge, sat around with a Coffee, till another lady, younger and shouting on the telephone arrived, I immediately took notice, she had ordered Cold Coffee and Sachin who was at the counter gave her the best possible service, I thought about smiling to this one as well but held back, I was experienced enough in watching people to know when to smile and when to hold back, but surprisingly she smiled, "leaving me groping like a "Jimmy in a box,"  not used to getting smiled at by women, I was left wondering about the brightness of the morning, though going by the forecasts it was going to get cloudy soon.  I picked up my coffee and started to walk to her table, and then something stopped me again, I held back and walked past her to the counter and ordered exactly what she seemed to be having, a Cold Coffee.  Sachin smiled at me and gave me the best cold coffee he would make today, I carried it out to the car without speaking nodding a bye to him, he seemed happy, though his eyes were watery, "people cry for the vaguest of reasons, especially men.

I was off to my next destination, meeting some people for my business, the meetings were superb, I spoke to them and presented my case for installation of equipment at their site.  The presentations were well received, I was on my fourth cup of coffee by the time I finished my case studies, my head was aching and I was ready to leave the place, I had spent four hours on the road, in and out of cafes and meetings and the Sun was already taking its toll.  I suddenly realised how much I loved doing what I was doing what I was doing nowadays, and hoped that things wouldn't change too much over the coming months.
There is a Silver Lining to Every Cloud.

0 comments:

Post a Comment