Thursday 25 July 2013

The Blue Jeans Relationship

The morning had blossomed into a classic, the Sun was out, the pigeons were sighing and the myna birds were chattering as usual.  Anjali had got up to a great morning, I was still sleeping when she asked me if I wanted to go for a walk, "wish I didn't snore," I wanted to walk, my mind told me, but the body was stone cold, it wouldn't get up.  I was peaceful after last night, a culmination of a peaceful resolution of a one week old fight with Shalini, it had been a war of words, "and when she spoke you had to listen," followed by six days of silence broken finally last night when we had kissed and made up.  The last five days hadn't been easy, normally my relation with Shalini was as easy as the blue jeans and me, we talked when we wanted to and talked for hours, she cooked delicious continental and I tried my hand at the soup and bread, we would sit and eat together at night and forget our worries of daytime.

Communication was so important to me, I couldn't believe a world where there was none, Anjali and I spoke about my dreams for the future when we spoke one on one, we both shared a smoke and drank a bit, and then spoke in details.  The first step was to change the lifestyle, maybe start a new diet, even buy a new car.  Having known Anjali long enough, I knew it was important for her to connect to my dreams and feel that both of us were trying to resolve something in each others life.  She was the one who told me how to resolve my fight with Shalini, and I had taken her advice and a solution had come soon enough.  Anjali was a maverick, she wouldn't budge if she was right nor give in to injustice, she spoke out whenever she felt the need to express herself, as a matter of fact I had placed her on a pedestal and she hadn't fallen off it,"didn't think she would either," our relationship was stormy to begin with and now after a few years it was peaceful and totally relaxed.

I spoke to her everyday and discussed our lives, what happened and what would happen, just last night when I spoke to her she had mentioned that she was not too comfortable in her present job, it was too tiring and made her moody and cranky, "I had noticed too," everyday brought a new confusion, some days she would be happy, other days just plain sad and worried, still other days would bring irritation, work played such an intrinsic role in our lives and good work environment went a long way in enhancing life.  Anjali had helped me work out methods to deal with life itself, and I was a very quick learner, drawing inspiration from her life and using it to create a vision for my life with Shalini.  It be said that if I had not learnt from her I would still be that same person I had been for the past few 10 years or so, an aggressive go getter with no feel for emotions and parallel reality.  Anjali and Shalini were the exact opposites and yet the two most important people in my life today.
Methods and Methods to control emotions, I have seen some.


0 comments:

Post a Comment