Tuesday 4 June 2013

Vulnerability - Seems Like the Toughest Thing in The World

There have been times in my life when I have thought that nothing ever happens till we make it happen, life just moves when we do something to make it move.  Depressing thought, that we are just soldiers of fortune, the mood, the ambience of our surroundings make us the creatures that we are, no matter how hard you try sometimes the world is not ready for us, other times the stars conspire in such a way that nothing works, and I do believe in the Hindu concept of stars that keep us alive to a thought and give us strength to carve niches even without salient result being available.  I have been trying hard to think of conceivable ways to make Solar work and yet failing at steps unfathomable, today, I admit, was much different.

The phone rang exactly when I thought nothing in the world was thinking of me today, and I gave it two rings before I picked it up, it was 10:15pm, exactly 10 minutes from writing this post, this friend of mine had contrived and cajoled people to get us office space in the middle of the best location in Gurgaon, ITL Space.  Now Gurgaon is a suburb on New Delhi, but a hot location for budding entrepreneurs, it is the hotbed of offshoring and outsourcing businesses.  The last time we had done this thing together, we had managed a place, or rather he had managed a place, it had been in Connaught Place, another premier location in New Delhi.  ITL Space had all the makings of another big success story, and I admit I was a bit scared, Courage Connections and Vulnerability, we had it all, but the world had still to want us, need us, to see us and believe the brand us, to see what we were doing.

Even though I write this post immediately after receiving this phone call, I had already thought it out, I know I have my work cut out, there are things that are expected out of me and there are things that I expect out of myself.  Within the next two years I have to make Solar viable for myself, I believe in it myself but I must construct, carve a path for myself and the people who work with me, to lead them to successes unheard of, the trust that has been placed in me, must be fully fulfilled.  We had a 3 seater cabin now to work out of, no rentals and no payments to be made till we had enough money to pay them back in kind,  that is an amazing feat to accomplish in 24 hours, and did I say Courage and Connections, it was also important to have Trust along with Vulnerability.  I will talk more about Vulnerability in this post, as it is the least expected in the four quadrant that I mention above.

Vulnerability is our ability to get into situations we have been before, to admit that I might have been wrong before, but I am still willing to make amends.  Now, this is a crazy thought and I have often thought of myself as crazy to bring this concept up again and again in my meetings with people.  To get into situations that open ourselves to hurt and despair, and yet knowing that if we succeed in making a change, we evolve.  It is this ability to absorb the pain and hurt that makes us better human beings.  We are nothing but closed doors human beings unless we experience the same pain to get some gain, knowing that the lord above is not only merciful but also amiable to change when good happens.  Vulnerability is the knowledge that places achievers high above everybody else, this thought makes me happy today, by agreeing to meet a friend I had opened the doors to vulnerability and it had payed off.  Tomorrow I have a new place to work out of, a fresh set of ideas to evolve to and most importantly, a friend to work with again.
I Believe in Vulnerability So I Am.

0 comments:

Post a Comment