Sunday 24 November 2013

Mechanics of Intimacy

Ever wonder what it means to be a highly skilled technician, it means constant devotion to your job, it means to have an intuitiveness and the logic, and a constant endeavour to thwart Mother Nature's design on corrupting manly creations.  To let Nature takes its course is the but obvious scheme that man can have, and when things are going fine there is no will to change it and rightly so, there should obviously be no change in the scheme of nature unless there is an anomaly in the design.  Take for instance the microbial virus and bacteria that cause disease and death, if it is Nature's will to destroy then we must thwart its purpose there and then.

A skilled technician though technically sound and logical, and dedicated to his job has the lost the feel for love and that's the point I was trying to make to Param that last evening.  Owning a machine is less of a pride if you don't fall in love with it, and over prolonged periods of time there have been owners who would rather maintain their machine than give them away in exchange for new ones.  An old machine has this feel of "YOU" to it, there is comfort and elegance and it is a depiction of personality of the fond owner, less a case of deprivations, the owner to the contrary will run that machine every day even if its clocked over a 100,000 miles.  

Anjali had woken up by the time I reached her place, she had already had breakfast, "where do you want to go today, it is a weekend and I was thinking of going for a movie."
"That would be fine with me," I said without thinking, I would go anywhere she wanted to go, it gave me great pleasure enjoying her company was foremost in my mind.
"Which should we watch ?"
"Anything," I said.
The eagerness was already evident on her face and she started to make all the right moves, walked into the dressing room to check herself out, I meanwhile started playing with Romeo, this one was happy to see us back and was prancing around with glee, dogs have this way of soothing the nerves and I was happy that I had gifted her this puppy.  Romeo was 8 months old now and full grown, he enjoyed the early morning walks and that gave me intense pleasure to see him running around after the pigeons in the park.  The only thought that crossed my mind was that I should do this to more of my friends, gift them puppies that allowed them to see for themselves the love that the animals showered on you, maybe I would do that with Param soon, he had turned out to be such a great friend by showing me a side of life irrefutably his.

"You still love the sight of Romeo, don't you ?" she asked as we walked into the theatre.
"I love that dog."
"He means much more to you than a mere animal," she queued up at the counter for tickets.
"Actually a buddy."
"He waits for you every morning and he missed you during that trip." she took out the money from her purse and paid for the tickets.
"Ain't I allowed to pay for them ?"
"I got it covered, you just keep Romeo and me happy," evidently she was loving this talk.
"Still thinking of Param ?" she prodded me.
"Obviously his philosophy is on my mind.  He didn't say much but his actions showed the kind of life he had been living."
"He is in love with his machines, I think the thought of losing them or not being able to fix them gives him a headache."
"I think so too."
"He sees his God in them," Anjali said matter of factly.
"Isn't his workshop cluttered, I mean how does he find his tools of the trade in that workshop.  I barely could walk a few steps without running into something scattered on the floor," she said.
"Yes, that is correct."
"There is something about the man that says that he has God with him, his work happens because he is so well motivated and so focussed on the job, runs a very clean shop."
"A very God fearing man."

Two hours at the theatre and it was a very interesting movie, a mixture of heady romance filled with action packed sequences.  We sat in the theatre looking transfixed at the movie screen and eating popcorn gleefully and sipping on ice filled coke glasses.  There was pleasure in company and the movie was inconsequential, it was the feeling of having witnessed something together that gave us that intimacy.  Relationships thrive on intimacy, friends crave for it and lovers look forward to it, and people gel together.
"Relations are what make the world go around."

0 comments:

Post a Comment