Thursday 28 November 2013

Oranges In Spain - II

Next week was another journey, there was a trip planned for Moga, another small town in Punjab.  I got up early on the appointed day, though I was already packed and ready to go, made a cup of tea for myself in the wee hours of the morning, they would serve breakfast in the train, and drove down in the cab to Anjali's place.  The hours were ticking and I knew that she would be ready too, she was fastidious about time and schedules.  We sat down at her house and started with our checklist, this included things to do, the important as well as the urgent.  It was a small world after all, Param had invited us to his friends place in Moga, said they were scheduling a house warming ceremony and we would be his guests.

Normally a house warming ceremony is a religious ceremony followed by a quiet lunch, I was eager on getting there in time for both of them, science was my religion however it paid dividends to see the ceremonious grandeur of a religion.  Religion in itself to me is a stream of philosophy that expects things from a person in the name of the guardian of religion.  It, like all creations of man kind is systematic, in the true sense of the word, if the logic behind the system is rotting then the system would too.  I was curious as to what would be the outcome of the ceremony, most religious systems have an outline as to what they expect as the final outcome.  If the outcome is reached then the ceremony is deemed to be successful, else you perform another similar ceremony.

Time is the greatest healer, I have realised that and though everyone is running short of it, it is sciences way of telling us that it is no beautician.  When we finally got into the cab, Anjali was all dressed up and ready to move, she had applied mascara, a little bit of lipstick, though she didn't like too much of makeup, and was wearing her earrings.

"I want to get my nose pierced, do you think that is a good idea, " she said as the driver put the cab in the gear.
"I have never tried it," I said equally sure that there was nothing more exciting than fresh in the morning.
"It should look good on me."
I breathed in some fresh air, and it cleared up my hair enough to start listening to her, I always listened to her, no matter what the state of my mind.
"I think it would too, piercing is an art, and it becomes very few people.  Its an artists dream of what the world would be if we carried our ornaments with us at all time."
"I think the primitive man had it all made up, there were flowers to breath, fresh air to live in and good food to eat," she said curiously about what I meant, in short she was prodding me into explaining what I had just said.
That was the thing about Anjali and me, we were so comfortable with each other, that reason never came into our relationship, we just assumed that we would get all our answers through one another and that's how things did come to pass eventually.

"The primitive man and the shape of the world as we see through rose tinted glasses is an artists dream, we forget that there was disease, wars and famine to deal with.  Society had no structure during those days, wars were fought simply to please the whims and fancy of the royalty.  I don't see the morality in those times."
"What about present times?" she said agreeing.

We had reached the railway station and all this talk of wars was getting me into a state of mind that I had been before and didn't like it so much.  I enjoyed Anjali's company and wanted to talk about her, so I bought her favourite chocolate from the vendor on the platform, that generally got her in a mood.  Anjali was fantastic with relations, if I told her of something that happened with me at work, she would immediately be able to get to the root cause of the clash or contradiction if there was one.

"Did you get my magazine?"she said as she munched on the chocolate.
"I did, there is the Femina, Cine Star, and got myself a designer manual too."
"I don't like travelling too much, but for you anything," she said back in the mood for some magic.
"Thank you."
"Didn't Priyanka Chopra start dating someone else," she said referring to the famous Indian Film Star.
"Yeah believe so."
We moved into the coach and took our seats while the porter loaded the luggage onto the overhead storage space.
"Sir Rs 100," he said in toned down Hindi.

I handed him the currency amount he asked for, and settled down with Anjali who was all ready for the trip with her earphones and Ipod plugged in.
"Isn't she seeing Shahid?" I asked her, prodding her now.
"Cool dude that one."
"I believe all relations are meant for a certain purpose."
She flipped through one of the magazines, "Relationships are symbiotic, Param for instance, gets as much sustenance from you as he gets from his workshop."
"You think so," I asked unsurely.
"Of course, that's why he talks to you, he believes in you and your philosophy of life."

I liked that fact that she was answering me in this instantaneous, free spirited that she was, when her replies were from heart, one just knew.
"Listen to this," she said as she handed me the earphones and I hooked them on my head.
"That's Rashmi Bansal isn't it ?"
"Thats correct."
"Phenomenal what they do with books nowadays," I was enthralled by "Connecting the Dots" and wanted to listen more, but handed over the earphones to her.

The train had started to move, this journey that we had started some two years back was finally beginning like it was moving forward.  My days of lateral thinking and knowledge gathering was over, I was finally getting knowledge through the frontal plane.  The crowds of the city faded into the distance, and the mustard fields started appearing, this was country and we would get down at Ludhiana.  Anjali was still listening to the Audio Book when I fell asleep, I knew she would knock over ideas with me soon as I woke up and she had heard enough of the book to talk about it.  This was going to be another fabulous journey.
"Time's the Greatest Healer, But a Poor Beautician."

0 comments:

Post a Comment