Tuesday 19 November 2013

The Cerebrum Trip

There was a lot of work the next morning to look forward to, I was thinking of it already as we boarded the cab at Delhi Railway Station that would take us to our homes, Anjali was sleepy and tired and she expressed it in as many words, she had work to go to also tomorrow morning but then she would think about it later.  The cab driver reversed the car out of the parking, the luggage was loaded and as he put the car into the first gear to move it forward, I smelt the night air of the metropolis again, I was relaxed, felt at ease with myself, something had gone right on this trip and my mind set about analysing it.

"You OK if I fall asleep."
"Go right ahead, I have the cabbie to talk to and the night to stare at, in any case it is only a 45 minutes drive and the traffic seems to be low."
"I don't know, all this talk has made me slightly dizzy."
"Sleep, I will wake you up."

As it had transpired, when we had setout on the trip I wasn't sure what to expect, we hadn't seen Shweta nor Arun for almost 3 years and it had occurred to me that people change over a period of time.  The first hint that everything was going to be alright was when Shweta had met us at the railway station, I had been expecting to see a chauffeur.   Over years that I had seen their relationship flourish, I had noticed a mark difference now, and the word to describe it was indifference.  Indifference had this unique quality of absolute disdain for everything that came into its path and it germinated from logic.

Anjali had started to snore softly already and I felt her dreaming, people who dream are most likely to remain in love, I made this intense statement to myself and then instantly regretted it.  Experiential theories are more closer to reality than observatory ones, lightening flashes that strike our minds come out of experience of a million of people who have travelled the same path as ours, I remember the flash that had come to me when I was going through a bad relationship, "Cut Those Strings," it said and I had followed that advice.  In retrospect here is what I should have done, taken in some more lightening flashes, waited for the one that seemed most appropriate and then test it out, before taking a decision.

I could locate the Moon above traversing a path across the sky, following the Sun from East to West, as its half globe lit up the sky in a dull suffused bluish white light, I smelt some coffee and looked around to see us pass a cafe, coffee always brought up fond memories of talks and moonlighting, of skinny dipping in wide water bodies and long drives with nothing but music and the bridge to nowhere.  Logic had this weird way of bringing up the most self content mind, some people resort to logic because they want to feel this separation from masses, an uplifted feeling where their cerebrum thinks of nothing but their own intellect as being superior.  Others think of it as a medium to quality in life and for still others it is an escape from the boredom and humdrum of routine life.

If logic were left to the first category of people there would be no love, no emotion and a nothingness stemming from self contentment.  That to me was indifference, a quality that the wannabies aspired to possess, an attitude that thrived in their social circles.  It was the third category that was of interest to me, love thrived in this category as they understood the duality of love.

Before I knew it 45 minutes had passed and I was home after having dropped Anjali to hers, I quickly changed and before going to sleep decided to open up pages of an old book I had been reading for a while.  Normally after a long trip it was wise to get my thoughts back together again.  I flipped through the pages before I fell asleep, mind at peace and the trip safely in the vicinity of my mind.

0 comments:

Post a Comment