Monday 18 November 2013

Rhythm of Life - V

The ride from Ludhiana to Delhi is a pleasant one, the mustard fields now turn into wheat ones, though it is still green all around us, Anjali is talking and as usual I am listening, in the backdrop of the train window, the Sun is setting.  I have this thought about relationships, the golden book notwithstanding, all of them are amenable to scientific temper, it is usually easy to romanticise them and overlook the ordinary, there is a small part of me that still believes in love, the power of it is overpowering, to be in love is the most divine thing that I can dream of.  Things when get analysed lead to an overwhelming loss of love, the feeling or loss of it is extraordinarily damning and it may take the winds out of the sail of many people.  Arun had been through this process, his work had taken over his mind where he had forgotten about the well being of his other half, I on the other hand with enough spare time on my hand could still smell the beauty of the rose and the fragrance could still overwhelm me.  I understood here, that the scientific temper that I possessed or sought to possess was purely on an observatory note right now and it was wholly because I had found the path that my alter-ego had travelled.  I wasn't a part of the experiment that sought to classify information based on facts, at least not immediately, I was left to observe and bring the conclusion to a formal experiment.

"Cup of tea ?"
"I can have one," she said wondering at the beautiful sunset.
I mixed one spoon of sugar into her tea and handed it over to her, there was this air plane like behind the seat table that had a circular snap on, she opened it and placed her cup of tea on it.  "I am scared for them." she said quietly trembling.
I was scared too, but to show would amount to betraying my emotions and I was somewhat of a cold fish, kept to myself unless there was a close friend I could speak to and almost never betrayed my emotions. Emotions are values that we imbibe due to our upbringing, the people that we meet and our experiences shape them, to show emotions seem to be the most logical conclusion to an upheaval in life but there was another logic that I persevered with and that was to act on them only after their worth had been evaluated.

Take for instance, tears, what causes them ?
Shweta had cried because she felt lonely and left behind, people around her had been too busy to notice that she was going through a crisis, there were tears because she had no connect with the world that was once hers, she was feeling tired of her so called friends who never got time to call back to find out if she was alright and part of this she attributed to Arun's indifference.  Tears are a natural outcome of the pain caused by these factors, though it may be important to realise that pain is the outcome of some of these factors and the tears the conclusion.

Dissecting emotions may in part lead to a total freedom from the emotions themselves and as I had mentioned to Shweta before, her over analysis of love had caused the love to go away, it obviously doesn't take well to being analysed.

Anjali seemed happy now, that she was on her way back home, the train was picking up speed, clocking nearly 80kmph, the driver probably had got the green signal and had put the auto switch till he needed to reel in the brakes for the next signal.  This trip had all but gone very well and we had managed to solve a dire crisis.
"This train is pretty well maintained, isn't it ?"
"Sure is."
"I believe they have turned this from a 15 coach to a 20 coach train."
"When did that happen ?"
"It was in the newspapers, the load on this train is pretty heavy."
"I didn't hear about it."
"The government has a policy of adding more coaches rather than starting new trains, it helps resolve the burden of running new ones on the same track."
"Didn't Chief Minister Amrinder Singh have new policy on reservation on trains ?"
"Successive governments have had that but the policies are policies on paper."

The conversation had begun in all earnest everywhere in the coach and we were happy to be talking all the way back home, reaching around 11:30pm and then home around 12:30am, all and all a happy ending to some eventful three days.
"The Soul Craves For Freedom of Thought."

0 comments:

Post a Comment