Friday 25 May 2012

ALL IS WELL

Remember Three Idiots the movie, and what people thought of it as movie.  Everyone thought it was remarkable and I thought well, its remarkable alright because the whole movie is about "miracles do happen".  If you are an Indian then miracles happen almost everyday.  Remember that visit to the hospital when so many people came to visit the doctor, and you were like wondering where did all these people come from.  Well my dear friend, they came because they wanted to know if you were all OK.  Imagine a person in a hospital read overglorified five stars if nobody is around when you are ill.  People team around you like worker bees around a queen bee because they want to know if "All is Well".  I always remember the old hindi song " Jo bhi pyar sey milla, hum ussey key ho liye".  After all life is too short to search for old friends.  So whoever you meet with love is a friend, my dear friend.  I have turned a cynic towards the late half of my life.  Turned 40 two years back, and started to wonder if anyone even takes critical, cynical people too seriously.  A dreamer they love, somebody who gives them positivity and dreams to take back home.  The dream merchants are all there, where they churn out dreams after dreams, all so real, or should I say "reel".

I confess I am not much of a dreamer nowadays, I only dream while I am awake.  Logic would dictate that, that means I am sleeping soundly most of the times.  Another song that comes to my mind "Days are Passing quickly now, Nights are seldom long", does the signify another milestone in my life.  It turned when I got married at 22, then it turned again at 32 when I was certified a misfit and again at 42 it takes a turn, don't know for what, except the only thing I realise is "that my best days are yet to come".  Do you realise how intrinsic songs are in our life.  Absolute mood busters, you wanna feel good take the ones that play on local FM channels everyday and on the other hand if you want to bust your good mood look up some old classics on youtube.  Beatles played an enormous part in bringing up my generation, you can well imagine all boys and girls in large sized goggles and sporting wide hemmed bell bottoms and tight fitting T-shirts jiving to "She loves me Yea Yea Yea".  Can you believe it, I formed a part of this group too.  I laugh my head of when I realise that I could have been carried away by such things as attitude and thoughts of who wore what and talked what before I made friends.  Imagine, if you didn't have a cool set of sneakers I wouldn't be seen with you.  What a joke matey !! .. ain't it ?  I believe that we are ignorant when we are young and even more ignorant as we grow older .. best left unsaid what I feel about myself today except that if there is a way to change then that is the way we must choose.

0 comments:

Post a Comment