Monday 17 March 2014

Don't Look - Solar Space Heating I

Don’t Look - Solar Space Heating I

He Stuck to His Job Din’t He?
 There was something going on in life now, Adrianna was out of her pensive mood, and this new man in Adrianna's life, Mark, was confused as hell.  The confusion was about trying to find out why he was being treated the way he was despite him being so nice to her, "we always assume that we will get what we give," it isn't strange to assume that, but a lot of hard work in relationships is required before that assumption becomes a reality.  

She had know him for a month now and was keeping him up
on his feet, "sleepless nights was the phrase to use," Adrianna was a kindred soul with people she knew and trusted, she would go out of her way to be warm with them, she would invite friends over and treat them to the best of the best, "but that was for her closest," for others she would begin to evaluate people.  I, for one, was an open soul and that had been one of the reasons for never realising that my girlfriend had been cheating on me.  

“So what is cheating?” she asked me, and I didn’t think about it too much, “Two timing, double dating etc,” I said getting into her pensive mood.
“I think that girl from your past does you no good,” she said surely.


We all evaluate people before befriending them, and for me it takes up to six to eight months before I can really begin to talk to them like I know them, there is a thin line between friends and lovers, "sometimes invisible," and I always made sure that I didn't cross it with Adrianna, "damn I knew her well".


I figure Adrianna had different ideas, because she had put him in the evaluation mode and that meant a lot of his phone calls went unanswered and whims ignored.  I guess you could put your best foot forward for a month but try doing that for six months,” it’s hard, nay impossible," so she would find out pretty soon how this man was and then take a decision.

I always had time for evaluating people, life is fast and relationships make or break even quicker, I was made in the more traditional and classical template, tend to take my time and if people aren't ready for that, "most damn well aren't," they could just leave.  This was fine with me, I was in my prime and needed to live my life with a few fine friends, I didn't want too many changes, preferred to continue with my present circumstances.  Money though was important, and I would continue doing whatever I was doing, and I was involved in things that I loved, "damn and this was so important," I loved writing and blogging, was into Social Media Marketing and Internet Marketing and would continue to do so.

“Our Circumstances Are Never a Reason To Give Up”.
             

The Intent is to Enchant

Space heating is the concept by way of which we can heat the flooring of the house to generate overall heating in the space.  The design consists of the following elements:


The elements of floor heating are as described below:

1.     Solar Collectors – These utilize the Sun to generate hot water that is then circulated within the pipes embedded in the flooring of the room/house.  For our purpose these collectors may be Evacuated Tube Collectors aka ETC or the Flat Plate Collectors aka FPC.  Both have their relative advantages and one of the main items of differentiation is the area that they occupy on the terrace, the FPC being the more efficient also.

An FPC collector comes in the size of 2mx1m and normally a combination of these give the required volume.  For instance one FPC panel may be used to heat 100 ltrs of water, and similar 2 panels for 200 Ltrs. and so on.

2.     Domestic Reservoir -  The reservoir serves as the mixing ground for hot and cold water and works on the principle that the hot water will rise to the top, utilizing an outlet on the top to feed the hot water to the floor loops.

3.     Domestic Heater -  All houses normally have an existing domestic heater for their hot water generation, this heater takes the cold water from the water utility and heats it up using the grid electricity, here Solar Electricity if installed could also be used to charge the Domestic Heater.

Design Criterion for Solar Domestic Water Heating

A typical household uses about 30-40 Ltrs. of water per person, so assuming it is a 2 person household, it would require an approximately 100 Ltr. system, which would include an FPC panel the size of 2M x 1M and a 100 Ltr Solar Tank.  Another Auxilliary Tank to store cold water is mounted on a stand which should be at least 8-10 ft higher than the Solar FPC Collector, this enables the water to flow into the collector using gravity and once in the FPC collector, water gets heated up by the Sun and is taken to an insulated Solar Tank where the hot water is stored at 60 deg C temperature for use in the premises. A good yardstick to go by is this:

100 Ltr Solar FPC (inclusive of Solar Tank) = 10 sqft of terrace space.
200 Ltr Solar FPC = 20 sqft of terrace space.
500 Ltr Solar FPC = 50 sqft of terrace space and so on.


“Enchantment: To Bewitch; Trance; Hypnotise”