Wednesday 28 August 2013

A Golden Sunny Day

Anjali was in a relationship again and though I was happy, "and few things did that to me," I was scared as well, the "what ifs ?" were giving me the fright, she had been through one bad relationship to another and it worried me no ends that this one would give her a similar headache, "to say the least."  Every morning when I get up, I feel the positivity of the morning opening up its doors to me, the birds that sing, "well some of them can't," the sound is heavenly and then there is Romeo, the golden lab, to think about, this morning was no different as I walked up to Anjali's house, hoping that she had slept.  Last few days she hadn't been sleeping well, she would stay awake till late night working on her computer and be real sleepy when it came to getting to work, sometimes she would skip our walks, and get up and go straight for breakfast and tea, her mind was in turmoil, the new job where the assignment was still being defined and this new relationship was making her little indifferent to things around her.

She had given her all in the last relationship with a guy who had seemed indifferent to her, "or at least towards the end of it," Anjali had been totally besotted and devoted to him and he had walked out on her without a thought or remorse.  In the best of times, it had been like a "house on fire," the two of them gelled so beautifully that it had made the whole world jealous, "isn't that a nice feeling ?" they had roamed the city from bars to discotheques, painting the town red during the night, they would talk for hours and endless, he had made Anjali really happy for two years.  During those two years she had really blossomed into a mature woman, happy with herself and her life, and now when she looked back, "and she told me this," the mistake she had made was to give her everything to the relation, while she should have still continued to meet her buddies and friends, discuss and analyse it from all directions, a kind of peer support that was all around her and waiting for her to reach out.  During those days of romance she had no time for anybody and nowadays she regretted that.

I had met this guy once and found him to be a very handsome guy, a little immature, but I had held back my opinion, I knew how highly Anjali had thought of him during those days, though it must be said to his credit that he made Anjali happy for two years and kept her away from the mundaneness of everyday life and had made her the woman she was today.  Till date, Anjali had not found a single man who could compare to him and that was the reason that she couldn't get herself fall in love again.  She missed him even today despite having given up on him about eight months back and the pain was evident, that's when I had suggested to her that maybe she needed to fall in love again, to which there had been a loud retort of a "No", "its too early for that," she had insisted that she was still mourning and I had left it at that.

This morning I found Romeo eagerly awaiting me with Anjali, they were both ready to rock and we left for the central park for a brisk, "and it wasn't unusual for me to be brisk in the morning," the Sun was shining and it was going to be brilliant day, the pieces were all coming together for me and the two most important ones were right here with me.  Romeo ran off with Tubby and we chatted like we hadn't seen each other for days, sometimes a good nights sleep can do you loads of good.
It All Comes Together, It Does It Does !

0 comments:

Post a Comment