Tuesday 27 August 2013

The Bigger Picture

I sat down to eat dinner with a few thoughts in my mind, "actually there were a million of them," one of them said,"complete dinner and go to sleep," I had just finished a spell binder called "Inferno" and was happy with what Dan Brown had dished out, and it probably was a good idea to go to sleep now with my mind chugging out literary ecstasy.  The other thought was to call Anjali and find out if her date was going fine, I decided against calling, and sat on my favourite couch, "with my hiney finally settled in," the third thought seemed like it would shine in my head bright, "literally be the guiding beacon for tonight, sleep I knew would elude me till I had settled this in my head.  Anjali had been questioning me a lot these days, and these were hypothetical questions, I knew they were questions she needed answers to, her life was moving fast and changing, she wasn't sure it was changing in the right direction and so nowadays had this questioning look on her face whenever she spoke to me, "hell, like I had all the answers," wasn't easy answering these questions and I figured I might be better off just listening to my heart.

In Anjali, I had found the most important person in my life and this third thought I keep alluding had to do with her.  I was mightily attached to her and she knew it too, my proximity to her and our friendship was holding her back from taking the big step towards emotional happiness.  She was a woman who wanted to be loved and though she had found a kind of love with me, I wanted her to take the next big step, of finding her dream man and living happily ever after with him.  That was the stuff dreams are made of, "maybe I was too damn rosy eyed," but it had payed to be an utter romantic, "whats love got to do with it, huh?" I had often wondered about this love bit and got my answers whenever I needed to, I knew how dreams often turned to reality and now had to make it happen for Anjali.  I had my work cut out, she was a tough cookie and wouldn't take anyone's advice or help and I would have to work in the background to build a world filled with dreams for her.

Last night I had been sloshed, "for a change !" and tonight I wasn't going to touch any liquor, I was just going to think of the dreams that life should be made of and how Anjali could make them come true.  Ideally there are only two kinds of people :

1.  People who go all out after their dreams.
2.  People who slowly but surely travel the expanse of the dreamworld landscape.

I fell into the second category, the journey was more important than the destination, the anticipation more important than the possession.  I intended this realisation to come to Anjali, we were similar people, me more sure about my life today than she was of hers, "but hey ! I had travelled the dreamworld landscape remember," and picked up my dreams from it rather than having fixed ideas of what I wanted from life.  Today, I had asked from Anjali the photograph of the man she was seeing, a handsome guy and a caring one at that, he looked a Demi-God from Greece, I had at that moment encouraged Anjali to see more of him, she seemed happy when she spoke to him, he supported her and gave her the encouragement that she required at this stage in life, she wasn't in love with him but definitely inclined in that direction.  

Here is what I was going to do, and though this was no panache for her life but it would make her much more emotionally stable than she was right now :

    a.  Encourage her to party more.
    b.  Encourage her to go out with this man.
    c.  Tell her to dream big.
    d.  Reduce the time I was prone to spend with her.
    e.   And Encourage her to think of herself and her happiness.

With these thoughts to kill my night, I went back to sleep much more peacefully then ever before, "damn this mind required peace to sleep," my heart was in place, what had begun four years back would reach its culmination soon.
To be Nice is Cultivated, To be Honest to Yourself Divine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment