Sunday 11 August 2013

The Chesire Cat

Last night was a full house at Anjali's house, her sister's kids stayed back, "damn her !" and I had to miss my customary walk with Anjali and that made me disoriented, "like a tubby without milk," but then that's what families are for, to help each other out and solve problems for one another.  Anjali was happy, "and my anger not withstanding," that made me happy.  Romeo was like a lost lamb in the house, too many people, "just like me," had the Golden Labby bemused, " he obviously didn't know the word angry," so we went off to our walk together looking for succour amongst folks that we didn't know, people who smiled at the sight of the two of us loitering around.  Then Romeo found his companion, another Golden called Tubby, "and I was left to sit on my hiney," while the two of them scampered around the park chasing each other, throwing the pigeons in disarray.

I watched the two of them play, thinking of going around for a quick run, and then gave up the idea, "the idea of sitting on my hiney," though unappealing, was a fertile ground for a mind to wander, "and I was in a mood for it."  I suddenly realised that I had become a wanderer in the real sense of the word, I found pleasure in travelling, I had fixed spots around the city that I loved to frequent, talk to people who were of a similar Wanderer Mindset, enjoyed the mind games that went around in the cafes, during the day and bars in the night interspersed with restaurants.  I was considered a local with many of these places and they knew me on first name basis.  I liked Irish Hot Coffee, wanted it with vegan sandwich in the morning, cappuccino in the mid day followed by lunch at Subway and the evenings at the Blue's bar where the conversation was rampant and the pulse of the night life evident.

It was evident most people think of an outing to comprise of friends or family or they wouldn't go out alone, "whoever did that huh ?," and I in total disagreement to that, I could roam the city all day alone and not feel the stress of being alone.
I classified people wanderers under four categories of loneliness :
1.  You had always liked being lonely all your life - introvert, pervert, chip on the shoulder early in the childhood
2.  Forced by situations to stay away from people - they hurt you, have deep scars, cultural issues etc
3.  Off late you have turned lonely and like it - age brings it on, the grumpy old man/woman
4.  You have turned lonely and hate it - miss someone, can't get over him/her, unable to think of another relation.

Probably the loneliest thing in the world is to be alive when that someone you miss isn't even aware of it.  Now this may sound hypothetical, "for instance does it matter to loneliness who you miss," and I am sure it doesn't.  You are lonely because you are lonely and you are lonely, alone.
The Wanderer may be the new Lonely Planet

0 comments:

Post a Comment