Monday 12 August 2013

The Intrepid Traveller

I came back home last night at about 11 pm, I had been roaming the city for four hours from pubs to cafes, the last cafe I hit around 10:30pm, it was crowded, "that's unusual for a Sunday," people normally get ready for their Monday morning routines starting Sunday evening.  I parked my sedan and immediately saw a group of youngsters crowding outside it, there were loud sounds of "no" almost as if they were there to distract me from my purpose, "like I had a motive to being here," I was looking for some Irish coffee and this seemed like the right place.  As I entered the cafe, I noticed that there were only women inside apart from the two guys at the counter, one fair enough to put the Alaskan snow to shame, "never been there though," and the other a darker swarthy looking chap, both of them towering over the crowd, tall and well built, I immediately felt dwarfed by them, "like Hitler facing his troops," I walked up to the counter, ignoring the swarm of female noises, chatting and laughing and asked to be served.

I have always liked Irish Coffee for as long as I remember, its bitter in its flavour, yet with whipped cream it gives the sweetness to the mouth unimaginable, most things I like in life are like that, "damn and very few remain now," the bittersweet feel of "I miss you" takes the cake.  Speaking of which I suddenly remembered the muffin that I wanted was in the display, brought out a quickfire Rs 500 and bought the package.  "Takeway or dine in" said the man, and "takeaway" I told him, I thought it much better to eat in my sedan tonight.

Intuition is a remarkable feeling and yet a funny thought that comes to my mind, "its for the unrealistic," when you trust it, it takes away the logic from all our decisions.  I classify human thought process into two largely holistic categories :

1.  System 1 : Intuition
2.  System 2 : Logic

Trust Intuition for too long and the logic faculty of the brain may take a beating, and vice versa, a balanced approach is to tackle all thought, with logic fine tuned by intuition.  So here I sat in my sedan, and measured the amount of sugar I wanted in my coffee, tore the paper satchet and measured exactly 10 mg of brown sugar and watched it sink into the cream, then used a stirrer to mix the potion and kept the paper cup in the cup holder accessory.  My sedan has all the makings of a traveller, it has a bluetooth device for talking while on the move, a small refrigerator in the boot to stack up cold drinks and water, an inverter that converts the DC voltage of the battery to AC for various equipment chargers as also mobile holders to name a few.  It has a high fidelity Pioneer music system which plays CD/FM/ and USB-IPOD slot.  I had a vanilla car when I bought this one and had it modified to suit my demands of "wandering".

And I am an intrepid traveller, my mind conjures up places I would like to visit and the sedan is the vehicle of choice, fitted with equipment that aids in the travel.  Everybody travels, "some intrepid and some less so," some in their minds and others in their cars.
Its all in the mind, intuition and logic

0 comments:

Post a Comment