Saturday 24 August 2013

The Man-Woman Conundrum - the sequel

Anjali sat down to think about it, and she was asking me for help, "and she had always read me well," she had been seeing this man for a month now, "actually they had been talking on the phone more than anything," he was not somebody she would be seen around with normally, but he seemed like a nice guy, "or so she told me," I was still to figure out what was going on in her head, but I knew for sure that she was confused about certain things and was looking up at me for answers.  Normally when we spoke, "and we could speak for hours," I did most of the listening, "hey I was good at it, really !" and she would speak of what happened during the day and what went went on for long hours at work, who called, what friend she spoke to, she told me everything and we would sit back and analyse the day for her, "and I was good at analysing," I could see she was a bit flustered, a bit confused and a bit of both.

So what was troubling her, I wondered and immediately reached out for my cup of tea, "Coffee for Entertainment and Tea for putting on the Thinking Cap," and I realised she was worried about me for one, she was wondering how I would take it, if she started seeing a man again, "and she hadn't done that since her last break up," well she had gone out with men but not really attached to them.  She and I understood that I was really fond of her, nothing akin to love in the traditional sense of the word, but I wasn't far away, "at least not yet there," and that troubled her.  I understood it instantly, also realised that this relationship between this other man and her was important for her, she had been undergoing what was stress and depression because of an emotionally one-way street relationship she had given her all to, and falling in love again was really important for her.  In a sense of the word, it was important for me too, that she fall in love again, "think again! my mind told me," and I thought again, "why was it important for me ?"

I am pretty chilled out person normally, easy going, happy and at peace with myself and to fall in love was not the essence of my relationship with Anjali.  Relationships are never the same, there are some relationships that are based on the talk, the camaraderie, "the buddy feel, huh ?" and then there others that are based on attraction.  Attraction is not something that can be cultivated, well, it can be provided one works on what attracts certain kind of women, "but damn I was an old man," too content in my own way to take the steps to attract Anjali, as a matter of fact I was happy with my state of affairs with her right now.  Sometimes I thought of her as my daughter,"and she was not young enough to be one though," and sometimes a friend, but mostly we were peers sharing thoughts, I instantly realised that my initially jealousy at the thought of her going out with somebody was purely ephemeral and as I settled down in my couch,"leather, mind you," to write this post I was more and more comfortable with this thought of her falling in love and maybe getting married, "the last thing on her mind though," it would make her happy and that would make me happy too.
Sometimes we love, and Other Times We Love to be Loved.

0 comments:

Post a Comment