Saturday 3 August 2013

Winds Of Change

The winds of change were blowing, it was obvious to anyone that my life had changed tremendously since the last three months, the sorrow and despair was past and there was a new hope around me, I could sense that a big change was around, it was only a matter of time before it all combined.  I had been roaming last night in downtown Delhi, when suddenly it came to me, it was party time here, the drunk were roaming the street Scott free, "no I wasn't drunk," it was obvious though that a hell of lot other public was,"and driving too," this was the first thing that had to change in this city.  To change from a city of drunkards with no respect for women, where it was common to read about rapes of 3-4 year old girls, would take an enormous effort.

I had seen this city since childhood, we had lived a free childhood, roamed the streets alone and found out every nook and cranny in city buses, those were days of wonder and never did I ever have to worry about my safety, it was a very safe town, "these days kids are as safe as a home mouse on a busy street."  Anjali had once told me she had once had an opportunity to go to a rave party during her college days and had declined it, "huh ? why," so I got a little bit of dope from one of my friends and we decided to try it in house.  I was told you first roll it and then lick it close and then at the first opportunity light it up, so we did just that, sat on our couches and lit it up.  After a few drags I started to talk, "it takes little for that to happen," I told her that me and a couple of friends had once decided to go on a double date when one of the girls had backed out, so it was just the three of us, we were still undecided when the other guy decided to force this issue, he convinced the girl that I didn't want to come and asked her to come with him alone.  This girl turned out to be smarter, she couldn't believe that I would back out and decided to call me and find out, "and lo behold," I told her I had not made any such withdrawals and she invited me to the outing.

Anjali was enthralled by this story, she knew me and understood my point of view, "so why did this other guy play this game," I figure he had hots for the lady and wanted her company alone, not to mention that she called me in and I did agree to go out for the outing with them. The other theory that comes to my mind is that maybe this guy didn't like me too much, but I always thought of him as a friend, "and they damn well come in all sizes and shapes," it was reasonable to assume that I could have been wrong, in any case we went out for the evening, "and Anjali was lapping it all up," knowing fully well what this other guy thought of me.  We had a nice time, the three of us chatted and ate and drank, and it finished off pretty well.  I did think about questioning his intentions at that point in time but then gave up on it.
Feel the undercurrent, its called intuition.

0 comments:

Post a Comment