Friday 9 August 2013

The Dream

It was another rainy morning, and Anjali was beginning to feel cold and unwell in this weather, she almost never liked this weather, "my point being who did," the rains brought with them this ominous feeling of dampness and I was almost certain that she was going to be down with fever for a day or two.  She sniffled her way to a breakfast that I had cooked for her, sneezing and coughing, I had brought her a non narcotic cough suppressor and she like a child refused to have it, "as if I felt pretty grown up nowadays."  But I did pamper her to the best of my ability, cooking breakfast and taking Romeo out on walks, I did realise how important her dreams were to me, "left alone I was the proverbial old man," so I got myself up every morning in the hope of catching a dream, her dream and making it come true.

My thoughts went back to the time when I had first met Anjali, this was a long time back, "damn, my memory doesn't favour me these days," and I had left a rose at her doorstep in the night hoping that she would catch a glimpse of it in the morning.  I wonder if she ever did but the garbage man sure did, later on when I had told her about it, she had laughed her guts out and I was as grumpy as ever, "grumpy and amnesia, a fine combination."  She had agreed to go out for a movie with me, "don't know what this amnesiatic mind wanted," and I forget now, but then I was a few years younger and dreamt of a racy future, "a'la pretty woman," I am sure Julia Roberts would envy Anjali those days.  She was perfect and a rich man's dream - honest, forthright and down to earth not to say beautiful.

What is it about humans that they seem to want to make a rosy picture out of anything, for instance, Dream 1 - the rich man wants an honest, forthright down to earth woman, "now isn't that just perfect," and this despite the fact that she may be a total misfit she is in his social life and downgrades his profile, this is the mind trickery enacted by too many Hollywood movies.  The movies create images in our mind which probably are alright if interpreted by the logical mind which is discerning, "aah! and common sense which is not so common these days."  Dream 2 - "And they happily rode away into the sunset," another rosy dream that has very few takers nowadays, "certainly not me," so here I was, thinking of the romantic angle when I had first met Anjali, and how that dream had evolved and changed over the years made me wonder about the TDH phenomenon, "Tall Dark Handsome," the Story Books had evolved over the years.

It was the birds and the bees that made the world go around, and love might decide to play its part, though I deciphered Romeo wanted to play "find the cuckoo again," and we walked out to find the cuckoo.  Romeo was becoming attached to me now, he understood that we shared the same feeling for Anjali, we were totally and madly devoted to her, "though I am sure me less than him," he was a devout, sat at her feet and slept, hopped on to the bed whenever she felt depressed, like today, would go off like a mad hatter after the crow and bark his head off at the slightest whisper of uneasiness in the night.  He was the perfect companion for Anjali and isn't that what we all wanted from life, a perfect companion, a friend, a buddy, a companion, somebody to share our dreams and fears with, that to me is the perfect relationship.
The Essence of Life is to Just Be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment