Wednesday 14 August 2013

The Playstation Bunny

Anjali still had guests at her house today, it was crowded when I knocked on the door, "damn you just ring the bell," my mind told me and yet the hand went to the door knocker, it was a largish flat and the two kids and their nanny were having breakfast, Anjali was busy cooking, "some morning this was," I figured I might as well have some breakfast too.  So I sat down with the kids, one of them was busy on the PSP, "at 7:30 am, what the heck ?" some football game, I quietly said hi to him, there was no reply, except for the dull hum of the PSP.  I sat quietly while breakfast was served, she was busy singing and keeping the burner going and I thought to myself, she does sing well, I walked into the kitchen and joined in the chorus, "while the kids continued to their dull chorus."

Anjali did whatever she did very well, she was a good cook and a great singer, she worked well at her job and did admirably at keeping me and Romeo happy, "and that was a feat itself," we would run off to the nearest convenience store and pick up the best of the best groceries and wine and then rush back to the house, "damn her sister's kids, they would be at school," and I was happy that way, I thought for a moment that I was selfish, demanding so much of Anjali's time and then gave up on that thought, "the whole world was selfish," or at least, as I knew it, they didn't care too much about others.  Human's as I knew them were very tired of being themselves and preferred to think of the world comprising of ant's that were to be killed beneath their feet.

I loved equipment and although, the PSP was not one of my favourites, I took it up as a challenge beat this kid at it, so when he went to school, "which he of course did everyday," besides the Saturday and Sunday, I would look up this small machine and start playing a game or two, there was FIFA 2012 that was one of my favourites, and I was becoming pretty good at it, "good enough for a challenge, huh?" in any case I challenged him the next week and we started to play, "even with those ugly headphones on," he was good, and I had a hard time keeping up with him, so I decided to throw a trick or two in, while he was playing I would talk about pastries and coke and that was a temptation I knew it, he would get distracted and then some and concede a goal, "trickery thy name," he would start howling and cursing, "even Romeo would stand startled," by the end of the week I was beating him quite regularly.

I was proud of my achievement with the PSP, and proudly announced to Anjali that I had beaten her sister's kid at it, she was oddly glum that day and I wanted to find out why, so I walked down to the grocers and bought some Pita bread, I knew she liked it and there was some bell pepper waiting in the refrigerator, "would the broccoli and mushroom go well with it," I wondered and started to make a side dish with the Pita bread.  By the time I was done, Anjali was talking sitting on the kitchen table top and sipping from a wine glass, it was work that was annoying her, the bosses and their tantrums.  My advice to her was simple, if you can quit the job, do it, otherwise hang around till you get something better.  Most people abuse their bosses and the boss employee relationship is hardly if ever sweet, but I knew something that most people don't.
Always put yourself first, if you are happy then the world around you is happy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment