Friday 28 February 2014

The Window In Front of me


The Window in Front of Me

Introduction

There was a buzz around Aizawl with projects getting approved and lenders given away  loans and making payments, I was still searching for my Solar order, with the help of my supplier I had managed to get demo kits and other equipment to set up a demo unit in a house in Sailovi’s house.  It was a small house, however with the Pig Farm project money coming through, she had a pig pen in front of her house, it was a large tract of land and also a shelter for the pigs to go and rest or sleep whenever the time was right.
I was alone here and despite the hospitality of the host, I was lonely and that left me time to do my calculations for a Solar System that would be set up on her house as a prototype.  Numbers kept me thinking and the loneliness away, it came back only in the night when I slept in the garage room every night for 4-5 hours every night, it had a bed and a lamp on a table, slipped inside the cabinet of the table was a bottle of water and a towel.
I would go to sleep at 4am every night and would be up by 8am for breakfast and back to surveying the town and the countryside for   Solar opportunity.  The fact remained that Solar was more expensive than the grid, and Sailovi had tried to convince me that Solar made sense here and I believed her.  We had visited homes and mansions and other PIG FARMS with her and I had to come to a standardized solution and the solution was right in front of me :

Final Specs


PV 160 Wp
Battery LMLA 24 V 100 AH
Charge Controller 15 Amps
Inverter 350 VA
Available Energy/day 450 Whrs
Autonomy 2 days
Load
15W x 3 nos, 11W x 3nos, 9W x 2nos for 3 hrs/day
90W ceiling fan x 1no for 2 hrs/day
80 W 21' col tv x 1no for 1 hr/day
                        

 " Whose House Is It Anyway. "




Commune to Freedom




My focus stays in North East India   Sailovi Chenkual and Group, see their lives coming together with the funding for a Pig Farm, it was like I said, a large plot with fencing around it, like a coral where the pigs roamed free, and ofcourse there was a place for them to rest.  Sailovi had been working hard and she had showed me the importance of money, “You must take care of your finances,” she said very sternly and she was right.

My supplier had sent me to  Aizawl  on a supposed project only for me to realise that it had been an  important task to analyse the project beforehand and not on landing at the port.  I called him up, “Sir, Goodmorning,” and got a curt reply from him. I was standing in the centre of the city and then suddenly I saw two woman talking hastily with this queer look on their faces scurrying out of a local drug store, while I continued to talk, soon enough there was a loud scampering of feet as the shop owners came running out.  It was plain for anyone to see that the two women had stolen something from the shop. 
Saivoli’s castesizing came back to me like a revelation and I said instantly,”Sir, you have been lying to me, there is no project here.”  He was shocked and I was stunned at my own words, I had never as said a word bad to him before, but my mind was in a state of intimidation.

I calmly laid down the proof of what I saw and I realised that Sailovi’s intuition were never wrong, she had been calming my agitation down while she had worked out a plan for me in Aizawl, she had been doing all the thinking for me.
Two thousand units were looking like a possibility to me today, “So what was the average cost of the system,” she asked curiously, “Could be anywhere between Rs 50000 to Rs 75000,” I said, I thought I knew this well.  She opened up her accounts book there and then and showed me how she priced her pigs.

        “Completely Stunned and Lost, That’s How I Felt Before Meeting Her.”