Friday 30 November 2012

I Got You Now

Memories and Memories and then some.  Saw this huge water rat years back, it was fabulously scary, if there is a word as such, terrifying, huge, furry and walked on its two legs with a long tail, had pretty sharp teeth that it snarled out when it sensed danger.  I saw this creature some 10 years back and then I saw it again yesterday in my backyard, brought back a flood of scary thoughts, of me just standing in that alley with no lights and this rat just its eyes glittering in the dark staring at me and snarling.  That day 10 years back I just stood my ground, knees trembling, eyes watering and mouth dry, let 5 minutes pass and then bingo I was out and scooted to safer grounds.

Speaking of memories, I have known this women for years, she has been around with me through thick and thin and all I can say is buddy I know you.  Last grand memory takes me back to a car ride and memorable one with him, he at the wheels and me sitting next to him, we were cruising and talking and then before I knew we were ripping 100+ kmphs.  It was really fast and furiously fast, when suddenly there was guy in front of us who started to race all the way from Noida to Greater Noida, swerving, veering and curving to get ahead, I saw him take a spot decision, he rammed the pedal down and we went to the left of this car up ahead and at that moment, this man defining moment, I saw this other guy lose control of his car, skidding and then correcting and the skidding again coming to a halt.  We just stopped right behind this other guy, totally in control.

God, some moments are just so maturity defining, I saw this young guy with me suddenly as a man, fully in control and raring to go.  At ease with competition and at ease with the slowness with I which I wanted him to proceed, just totally awesome.  If ever, that's when I decided that this guy was to be my hero.

Friend, today I have you with me, years have gone by and then some, my memories of that other moment are still sharp though yours might not be, that moment when I lifted her in the air because the football field wasn't too visible, and she allowed me to, a tiny wisp of girl, I lifted her from under her shoulders for a full couple of minutes till the hero on the field actually drilled a goal.  Hah ! what do I know about love, nothing, I am just a poor humble guy who just knows when the feel is right, and sometimes when I get this feeling, I just go for it, even today, i just go the whole mile.
Touche', he makes love with words nowadays, and I just listen and listen and listen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment