Tuesday 13 November 2012

The Grapes need Sun

I soar the empty skies, looking for my prey, I am not in it for the pleasure, but for the feel and intuitiveness I derive from it.  You can see me flying low mostly, I am small and very pretty, I stay away from the maddening crowd, look for my own for I have several mouths to feed.   I hunt at the break of dawn, look for peace as dusk descends and without fail I have the meal on the table every evening.

The other day, I soared the skies over the township of Neemrana, I know it to be so, because I heard the rest of the species talk of it as an ancient city with history.  I know because I can read the signs in the sky that tell me where I have reached, it is on the color of the leaves and the dew drops in the morning and the way the breeze changes its scent, I just know where I am every moment of my life. This life has given me so much pain and its unbelievable today, that i can sense the sorrow in your dreams even as I walk in them.

That reminds me, last I walked the forests there were these red looking flowers that didn't look like poppy but turned out to be poppy, scented and flowered to give the seeds of stupor, or as they call them in some parts of the world, the grapes of sorrow.  Institutionally, I am a reliable creature, though I must hunt even nowadays to make species believe that I exist.  There is life after death I know, for I have been reborn many times in the same avatar, from the hotel maid to the royal queen I have seen it all.

Today, I stand at crossroads, for I feel a sense of sorrow in my friends as they try to realign with this force that visits me every morning to tell me its thoughts on where I must head to find this source of sorrow.  I get this feeling that somebody is not well or at least feeling down enough to suggest the wiping out of his existence, I must have heard what he did, and the cost of his life is too high a price to ignore.  I might live free and wild, but I cannot ignore this call that my forces bring to me this morning.  It is just him that I must take care of now, he is seen far too many wars and attrition and I cannot lose his thoughts now, for he is the guide I have always wanted.
Tell me how to reach him, because I have been touched by his sorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment