Thursday 15 November 2012

Triple J's and an Icecream Sunday

Tried locating my best buddy today, searched the heavens and down to the hell, all the signs were there, I was being told by the heaven above to go get him.  Honestly, I have been trying to do that for 5 months now, trying to locate where he is, what he does and where he stays, who he bonds with, even trying to find out what he eats and when.  There is this philosophy I follow called, "develop, love and leave", I know that sounds ruthless which I admit I am, when bonding with people.

What this implies is that I try and get to a place where there is no one around, casually flick through my Marlboro pack, roll open the silver foil, take the cigarette out, spill out the contents by squeezing the paper and then pull in some freshly ground ginger and mushrooms, mix it with the tobacco and roll the paper smoke paper again, keeping the filter intact and with the right flavour in the smoke, light up the smoke taking long drags to fill up my lungs and then just when the smoke is about done say 3/4th of it, I crush it beneath my shoes and walk away.

My buddy, I miss this guy like no other person in my life, he is the best there is, but when its time for people to go, and I think its best, to just allow them to do so and I did.  Time came when I missed him and didn't have his number or address with me, at least couldn't go calling his address, his folks didn't like me too much.  Well, I have been writing a lot about him in this blog and I thought it right to make him an exception to the DLL philosophy.

See I am the all or nothing kind of lady, if I go for it, there ain't nothing stopping me, so I looked through my registers where I make my notes and found them immaculate in place, my memory grows weak and I find it hard to remember things I have said or done, my minds telling me that my time here is coming to an end, there are payments to be made and life to be saved.  I must have made some 30 calls to him that all went unanswered, I figured it was time for me to say goodbye and did so, waited for 5 months, he still ain't around and this is all I have to say :

                59 00 6f 00 75 00 20 00 68 00 61 00 76 00 65  "F**Ke* UP"

In any case I am like a woman who compares men, I don't like this idea of cozing up with any Tom Dick or Harry, I prefer to keep my distance till there is a sense of surety around them.  So whats it with my men that I like them to be clean and immaculate, I prefer their nails to be trimmed and their bedside manners the very best.  Think of it this way when I get married I want a guy who doesn't mess around the kitchen, is neat and clean in his cooking, keeps the wet towel where it is supposed to be and the room perfectly in shape.

Normally I d jump at this opportunity at going after an Irfan Khan and I know tonnes of them are available but I have to be in the right mood for it.  Strangely enough there is this guy who calls me nowadays, I think its best to avoid him, he looks like Irfan but speaks like a ham that I don't understand too well.  I knew him from college but then I have moved on and love my coffee to be extra bitter with brown sugar.  I have no respect for people who climb onto other peoples privacy in the name of treating them in fancy restaurants, the last one I went to and that too last week was the Hilton, so have no need for flattery.

Avoiding the strange calls and seeking something permanent means that I patch up with my buddy and that thought makes some interesting noises in my mind.
Hey, Come Join Me, I am Lonely Too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment