Thursday 1 November 2012

Twenty Ten - The year of the Lab

I  moved into a new house the august of 2007, fabulous place with lots of area and great terrace space, sprawling lawns and large rooms, all the house was marbled and the kitchen was just fabulous.  When we move into a new house there are so many things to do, including furnishing it, designing equipment and all the other paraphernalia that goes around a sparkling new place.  I can't believe that I am actually staying here now, I have seen so many of these places that when I see a good house I know its for keeps.

Houses are like people, we play for keeps, unless its like a friend of mine who keeps changing things because he likes doing so, new cars every other month, new phones, new girlfriends, do you think he is got the Midas touch ? And Midas touch it must be, I love this philosophy of life, to live by the day.  Three years into this new house, which probably wasn't as new after 3 years, there is still the smell of leather chairs and what looks to be absolutely new carpet, the dining tables and the chairs have the mahogany polish feel to it, and the marble as usual sparkling new.  What has faded is the paint and the walls, they tend to wear off, there are cracks in some of the walls and what seemed to be a largish staircase is run down by the constant movement of furniture up and down.

I was an interior designer in my past life, my knowledge of how things fit into the place still exists with me in this life, there is probably no better person who understands perspectives and views as me.  I stand on the terrace ruminating right now of what life will bring the next two years, whatever it will be I am ready for it and there is acceptance, almost fatalistic, but knowing myself I tend to believe a trust in myself and the people who I have come to accept as my own now.

Too many people sometimes has life cluttered and that in itself might not be a bad idea if I was for instance to believe that I was depressed, however I just don't like talking too much now, am at peace with myself and my thoughts are overpowering my own insecurities.  I might say that I am comfortable with myself and what it will bring.
Two years is what I have given myself, see you in 2012.

0 comments:

Post a Comment