Sunday 25 November 2012

Monday Morning's are Fatal and then Some

Its a Monday morning and work beckons, there are like a million of things to do once I get to work, one for instance I must talk and maybe sometimes even let it lose at people who just got in.  I begin to understand this mentality now, that we are just Indians, we start work late on Monday and end it early on Friday, see we work so hard so we must party hard as well.  Like I say, I only begin to understand this, I am not sure I agree with this.

Take for instance this stance that all of us take when faced with a confrontation, fight or flee, it is so 2D in approach, isn't there anything else that even remotely triggers our brain.  I had just met and begin to know this lovely gentleman who works for me, with thoughts and passions so similar to mine, when the other day and on this Monday morning he asked me point blank for a raise.  My immediate thought was to scamper for cover under the guise of orders or business or appointments and postpone this to later, yet as one would understand, these aren't salient thoughts.

After all, we are just sales people if I just stand my ground and wait, all the negativity just cracks up.  This is the way of life, all the negativity that comes to us, comes from our past, it is seeking to find a reflection in the future if we allow it do so and if I just accept this negativity as mine by telling it that it was me in the past then there is understanding, almost like the past and future are aligned now.

I just live in the present mostly, seek refuge in the past when there is angst in the present.  This toggle between the present and the past can cause a lot of mortals to cry out in anguish, the past is not always pleasant and all reconciled for everyone as it is for me now.  I have accepted pressures and failures of the past and gone from one milestone to another, what seems like 10 years gone by for a lot of people has just happened again for me.

As I skip through one channel to another on the TV, I understand channel skipping like no other, in 2003 when I first got into sales there was this feel that I had to develop partners who would help tide over a loss here and there.  Partners have a great feel, especially when we begin selling, then there is no looking back.  Sitting in front of the client I talk and talk, I speak for the client and the accountant sitting to the right, even for the secretary and the receptionist sitting at the front desk.  After a 30 minutes presentation, including a lot of talk combined with the themes of modern digital technology, the client looks at me with a yawn and says, "accepted" and my delight is hard to hide.  Non-Stop talking is nothing new to me and I have done it to erase boredom, sometimes anxiety and mostly to clinch orders.  Its just the world we live in.
These are my memories and I will choose when to exercise my right on them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment