Saturday 3 November 2012

Politics, Politics and Some Whisky

Scams and Scamsters have thrived around these parts for a long time. Remember the Ambani-Manmohan or the Radia-Tata-Congress nexus, just trying to figure what these nexus imply for us.  These are high flying politicians or people with heavy political contacts, all in all a very potent combination, there is money that flow that leaves people staggering, where all the money goes and where it comes from remains a raaz. Ofcourse, you might insist, in a democratic country capitalist societies flourish and how well if there are no laws to reign them in. Think about it, if ever there was a way to handle corruption, the Bharatiya Janta Party knew all about it, think for instance how well Vajpayee handled all issues relating to this during this term.



Which brings me back to my oft mentioned point that we are what the poet in our heart makes us, if there is no love, shero-sharyari or poetry and no understanding of what a couplet is, then it well might be that you will not know what makes a nation tick, how people struggle to make their living. I was at this roadside eatery the other day and what I saw was amazing, a small cup of tea that used cost Rs 4 now costs Rs 7, prices are almost double for everything, biscuits and mathis lie uneaten because they are too expensive for anybodies good.



Which brings me back to the topic that is very close to my heart, that of how to etch out a living in a world that is devoid of compassion and love. This world is only running after money, and in such a world I have to make money as well, not an easy task. Not easy going up as well, this whole bit of how the government functions and how money accrues to people is something I am just about understood it all. One for instance this friend of mine at a very high level post requires people but is unable to understand where he can get trustworthy people for his business. Now I have the contacts and have just a few months to my retirement and can use these contacts to benefit him, my mind is in a quandry, do I ask him for favours in return for orders and I have thought this out.

I must think this out brothers, and my thinking is a very clandestine process.

0 comments:

Post a Comment