Thursday 1 November 2012

Poetry in Motion

Isn't there something about the way that Ferrari does its design, as a matter of fact isn't there something in all of Italian designs? Me think yes, there is something to be said about them, it probably runs in their blood, ever see an Italian women walk down the street, even the sweeper lady or just a vagabond would be dressed to perfection sporting high heels and perfumes, even for a stint to the grocer.  I find that fantastic, for instance, if I had to go to the medicine shop I d probably be in my sneakers and shorts with unkempt hair.  Its all in the design I am told, if you are made in a certain way then you stay that way for your life.  Think about it, when I say that without intervention the whole world would be just the way it is.

The soul just bleeds when its world is taken away, as a matter of fact any illness or life changing events lead to this.  Take for instance this person on the flight to North East the other day, he was undergoing the torture of a lifetime, I was with him till Guwahati, and the journey was a tear jerker all the way.  I know how mean a comment that was, I was wondering for somebody who had been working for an NGO, he looked very strict.  It so happened the demeanour can be misleading, within a few minutes on to the flight he was talking about his life, the work that he did and how much sorrow it gave him.

He didn't tell me in as many words but I knew instantly that he was God fearing person, from the teeka on his forehead to the amrut around his wrist and the tears were all real, the air hostess kept bringing him tissue and I kept telling her change my seat, flight was full so I hung around till it landed. I would normally have coz. I didn't have a parachute, otherwise I was on my way down within the first half hour.  All this godly talk made me a little weary and I started looking at the air hostess, she was a beautiful lady, marbled out of albaster, which I don't particularly like, but this one was a beauty.  There must have been 60 people she and a companion were serving and took me all but 5 minutes to get her attention, asked for tea and she served it and asked me whether I wanted lunch.  I obviously said yes.  The tea was absolutely fantastic and before you knew it my companion was already on the chapter where he had picked up this dead kid from the road and taken it to a burial and how much the parents had been crying.  I would have loved it if she was sitting besides me and not him but that was OK.
Sometimes you get what you think you don't want, so stop thinking

0 comments:

Post a Comment